Custom Dash and aftermarket gauge question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightyCarlo86

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2012
I am making a new aluminum plate to go inside my dash pod to mount my aftermarket gauges. My only question being that a few people have told me that once I remove my factory voltage gauge that my alternator will not turn on. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? If that is the case what would the remedy for that be, and I am still running a stock AC Delco alternator thank you everyone in advance since I am a newbie I don't want to make a mistake and realize half way through a project that I screwed something up

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
I think a 59 cent resistor from Radio Shack accomplishes this. It is what worked for me (I have an LS style alternator).

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Where do you need to add the resistor so that everything will operate as designed??

Also what size resistor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor