hids

Status
Not open for further replies.

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
Ebay is the place i am getting mine from,that is when i get the extra cash.Here are 4 different styles that iv found on there

Attachments

• $_3.JPG
    $_3.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 770
  • $_3 (1).JPG
    $_3 (1).JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 776
  • $_3 (3).JPG
    $_3 (3).JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 773
  • $_3 (2).JPG
    $_3 (2).JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 786

mac61891

Greasemonkey
Jun 20, 2013
West Central IL
I think only one of those pics posted are actual HID. The others are just HID Appearing.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Go with something good like Hella conversion lenses. There are a few of us ion here who use the Hella conversion lenses and I have not seen one complaint with them. Those conversions lenses you get from ebay are junk

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
pontiacgp said:
Go with something good like Hella conversion lenses. There are a few of us ion here who use the Hella conversion lenses and I have not seen one complaint with them. Those conversions lenses you get from ebay are junk

This what you talking about ? 70.00 for 1 light No f**king thanks someones out there f**king mind :rofl:

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?p ... tabsanchor

Attachments

• hella2001.jpg
    hella2001.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 755

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I ran the junk conversion lenses, they leak, the chrome reflective covering peels off and discolors with the water that enters the lenses when driving in the rain and they do not throw a pattern beam so they bother oncoming traffic. I adjusted mine down so it would not affect other drivers. When I got tired of the junk and got the 4 Hella conversion lenses they throw a nice pattern bean which allowed me to properly adjust the headlights. With the proper adjustment I could see further down the road. In Canada the Hella conversion lenses cost me $85 a piece x 4, I have bi-exnon his bulbs for the hi/lo and hid for the high. For my bi-xenon I had 4300k bulbs cause they throw the most lite whereas most go with at least 6000k and higher for bragging rights. I bought It is a lot safer with the headlight set up I have than it was with the junk lenses so while some may think I'm out of my f**king mind I put safety in front of aesthetics. I never liked the poor lighting the stock sealed beams so I bought my first set of bi-xenon bulbs and the hid for the high when they first came out years ago and paid close to $500 so I guess I really out of my f**king mind. And for those who buy those cheap lenses and think it's funny to bother people in other cars with their bright lights just remember the person you may be bothering just might be out of their f**king mind and turn your lites off with a hammer. You won't be :rofl: then

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
For me I just like the LOOKS of them aftermarket hids with GLASS lenses Sealed Beam an i am not wanting to spending much for them,it's not about having the brightest lights you can have an bragging about it how much you paid .i don't really care .How long they last,well that depends on if your car is going to be out side in the weather 24/7 or garage kept ,run certain times, getting into a wreck.or a f**king idiot with a hammer. :D Think they'd last me a good while.it's not too hot ,not too cold,I park in my garage,were the sun is not beating down on it ,For all the more money they are.id be happy if i got 5 to 6 years out of em I wouldn't asked for much more than that

OCS

Apprentice
Jul 15, 2012
MN
I've got the junk eBay housings in my el Camino. They're great... if you don't drive at night. You would be better off holding a flashlight out your window. It does scatter the light, so visibility is very poor.
I wouldn't recommend them.

If you really want to go out of your f#*+ing mind, check these guys out http://www.dapperlighting.com/collectio ... -headlight

skulledmonte84 said:
pontiacgp said:

This what you talking about ? 70.00 for 1 light No f**king thanks someones out there f**king mind :rofl:

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?p ... tabsanchor
For comparison, new OE composite headlights for most newer cars are close to $300 or more each side.
Summit Racing sells the Hellas for $100 pr.

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
You want legit hids found these on ebay there jw speaker lights 530.00 for 1 light,

someone tell me oh there cheap :rofl: way better them them cheap Hella :rofl:

Attachments

• $_1 (1).JPG
    $_1 (1).JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 569
  • $T2eC16dHJIYFHOD2TPV,BSYBhH3mfg~~60_1.JPG
    $T2eC16dHJIYFHOD2TPV,BSYBhH3mfg~~60_1.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 578
  • $T2eC16R,!ysE9sy0iH+)BSBDULbc)g~~60_1.JPG
    $T2eC16R,!ysE9sy0iH+)BSBDULbc)g~~60_1.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 599
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor