1980 malibu door weather stripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerryjaw

n00b
Apr 23, 2014
just bought a Malibu and the car came with out weather stripping seals so i ordered some they came went to install. how does the top part of the seal install? the back part sides into the trim piece i just can figure out the rest

Jerryjaw

n00b
Apr 23, 2014
its a 2 door. i just bought soff seals weather stripping for the roof rail part of the car. where the door glass meets roof of car.. the front of the seal and back of seal are held in by push pins. also the back parts of seal slides into trim piece. but as for the top part of seal i cant figure it out its like there a trim piece missing.. i just bought the car.

Chevy2410

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 19, 2013
Abbotsford, B.C. Canada
Yes there is a piece missing. I believe it starts at the base of the A-piller and goes up to the top of the door opening and then goes across the top of the door opening where the glass meets the roof rail and then I think it runs down the B-piller. It's been a while since I put mine in. On second thought I don't think it runs down the B-piller. Anyway you need that piece for both sides. You should be able to find them in your local auto wrecker. They are Malibu specific. I'm pretty sure nobody is remaking them yet.

Chevy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor