Monte Carlo Tach gauge upgrade help

Status
Not open for further replies.

87luxsprt

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2012
POMONA
So I just got the rpm gauge. BUT I have a 4.3 v6 monte carlo. Whwn I upgraded the small light bulbs on my dashboard I saw the wire for the tach. But I have the 4.3 and my coil is not on the distributor it's on top of the intake. So any one know where I grab the power from.

87luxsprt

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2012
POMONA
So i just checked the tach to see if it work. Grabbed the TACH wire from the negative on the distributor. The BATTERY. From the gauges fuse. And the ground from as good ground. NOW THE TACH WORKS SEEMS OK.~~~BUT~~~ its idling at 1500rpm. Which I know can't be accurate. Its on a 4.3 v6 Monte carlo 1987. Anybody know why.

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
My old Suntune tach i got in my 84 monte has a setting on the back for 4,6,an 8 cylinder,does that one have that ? maybe you didn't see it,not even sure if they all had that or not .Just trying to help

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor