New owner 85 monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortbed70

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 22, 2012
I just bought a 85 monte 305/2004r and I'm needing some parts. Can you guys lead me in the cheapest direction to get everything in one place on the cheap.. I need door panels, carpet, headliner, and some misc parts... Trying to get this thing done on the cheap! Help me out guys..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 861

Skitter302

Apprentice
Jan 20, 2014
USA, WA
[youtube]watch?v=LEvCNZZeEnM[/youtube]

Brian is a great guy to work with :) If you ask him about the condition of the part he gives an accurate description.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
GBodyParts, Dixie Monte Carlo Depot are a place to start. You can try some of the other G body parts suppliers (as in Buick GN and Regal parts suppliers), for items like headliner parts, as they're mostly generic between G body car lines. When all else fails, keep an eye on local classifieds, and if there are any swap meets in your area, you can sometimes find parts there as well. Hope this helps.

Shortbed70

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 22, 2012
Thanks man... Also I'm debating on doing a two tone paint job instead of factory silver. Wondering if anyone thinks it would hurt the resale of the car. It will be jambed and done correctly just with different colors vs silver... Any thoughts??

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I forgot to mention Mike's Montes as well.
As for repainting the car-look at it this way-its already been repainted once. Even if you wanted to put it back completely original, it would need a complete quality repaint. Its your car-you may as well enjoy it the way YOU want it to be. If you're concerned about the eventual resale value of the car, then you won't be able to enjoy the car the way you'd like to see it now.
If you'd like to see some Montes with custom paint, then you might want to have a look on montecarloss.com. Let us know how your project works out. Good luck.

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
hey, a guy i deal with on this site has INSANE amounts of gbody parts...i cant remember his screen name at the moment... the quality of most of his used parts are near new, others in driver cond... i have to stop by his place and pick up a few parts for my 82 mc coupe, i could take some pics of some parts and let you know what he wants for them...

Shortbed70

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 22, 2012
Upon dismantling for paint I need a pass front fender, drivers rear tail light filler (piece that tail light sits in) also could use the plastic/rubber pieces that sit on top of the rear bumper under the trunk. I think that's about it for now lol...
As far as the painting this is just a car I'm going to re sell when I'm done that's why I was talking about just going silver and it will be a quality job jambed and all. With better paint than was used from the factory... I'm thinking of doing some ss stripes across the hood and trunk thou... Sanded a lot today then on to bodywork!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 622
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor