c5 rear brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

87luxsprt

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2012
POMONA
Quick question for who ever has done the rear c5 brake upgrade. I have the 01 camaro backing plates calipers and brackets. BUT a few weeks ago my friend upgraded his 01 corvette to c6 Zo6 stuff. So he gave me his old set up. Front calipers and rears. Even gave me his rotors pads.. which were bought n MAY of this year.
Any who. I was going to use the 2001 CAMARO REAR SET-UP.but now that I have the corvette ones kinda wanna use these since I already have the corvette up front.

Now after my life story^^^^ ... what kind of bracket are you guys using. I dont really care about the parking brake. If running the C5 i would like to see how that looks since it will only be the rotor right. Does it looks kinda weird or no. Thanks

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I am using the LS backing plates and rotors, since they are 12" like the vette, and the C5 calipers. They have the same dimensions (calipers), just supposed to be a better casting. I would run with the proven (to fit) LS1 backing plate and rotor, and use the C5 calipers., this is for the rear that is.

The offset on the vette rotor and camaro rotor are different enough to screw you up I think. since the flange of the housing, and the face of the axle, don't line up right with the vette backing plate and rotor set-up. The camaro had a solid rear axle, so the backing pate seems to fit nicer.

But I would give Kore3 a call like has been said, he has kits and all for that stuff.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
x2 on what liquidh8 says :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor