G bodies with straight 6...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DI_Knight

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2013
Mexico
These are pictures of a Mexican Malibu, base car straight six three speed manual column shifter, I wonder if there was another G body available with that configuration?? Enjoy!

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
That's a first. I don't think g-bodies sold here in the states had an option for a straight 6. Could be wrong tho. Seems like g-bodies sold in Mexico had some strange options/configurations compared to the ones sold here in the states.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
never seen a factory installed inline6 but have seen a couple gbodies with them swapped in.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Man, I wish that had been a US option. I'd take an old inline over a either of the 3.8s any day of the week.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
DRIVEN said:
Man, I wish that had been a US option. I'd take an old inline over a either of the 3.8s any day of the week.

Just about anything is better than the 3.8, what a dog of a motor.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
With HEI that six is darn bulletproof. But no AC? In Mexico? Ay caramba!

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
250 strait six, hei, and air would be the ticket, good on gas and damn near bullit proof.

Reactions: 1 user

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
What a cool setup. Hundreds of more gbodies would still be cruising the streets today if they had come with this setup instead of the 3.8 w metric trans lol. Just saw a 78 4door cutlass on ebay with the inline 6 engine and it had US Vin#. There were some made in the US too!

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
Bonnewagon said:
With HEI that six is darn bulletproof. But no AC? In Mexico? Ay caramba!

X2 on that! What were they thinking???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor