HELP!!!! 88 MONTE CARLO T-TOPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSX88SS

n00b
Jun 5, 2014
Hey guys I have a 88 Monte carlo ss. My t- tops got stolen and I've been having hell finding a pair that will fit my SS. I got some from a friend that I thought would fit but they actually was to a 80s camaro. Then I bought some from a guy that came off a 79 cutlass. I looked up and it said it will fit and when I went to put them on they didn't fit. They were too big. So I went on ebay and bought a set off a 87 monte carlo SS. I made sure they were the correct ones for a 86-88 SS and when they came in Guest What. They were also tooooo big. Did Chevrolet come out with 2 different t-tops for the Monte Carlo. Cause the guy is claiming they are 87 T-TOPS but they just won't fit. I measured the roof on my car and it's 27.5 x 25
And the measurements on the tops are 32x26.. Can someone please help me out or point me in the right direction.

Thanks for your time.

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN
I no longer have my T-top GN so I can't get any measurements but are you sure that your car has factory T-tops? That's the only reason I can think of that the '87 tops didn't fit your car.

I believe the RPO code for factory T-tops is CC1. Do you see this on your RPO label on the trunk lid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor