Chevrolet Performance Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
My December 2014 Hot Rod magazine arrived, and page 4 has a GM advertisement featuring their latest 'connect & Cruise' project: a 1988 MC LS. They have relented to popular demand and will soon offer the T56 (T6060) six-speed manual transmission with their LS3/525HP. Nothing so far on www.chevrolet.com/performance on the Monte.
I know corporate crate power requires deep pockets, but it's cool seeing a 'G' vintage Monte Carlo back in the Corporate attention span.
If anyone can name the rims for me, I'd like to find a set like that.

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Its an interesting car. I'd really like to see an in-depth, complete article, or series of articles, on how this car was built. What I've seen so far, is just kind of a teaser.

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Yes, love to see that article... I have a feeling that these g-body's will start heating up in the print/marketplace. Many guys over on chevelle forum have these and love them vs camaros because of ride quality of the full frame, etc.. What I love about these cars other than their looks, is that we can get into these relatively inexpensive, and spend the money on performance vs the camaros and chevelles(have one) where even entry level pieces are 20k for something solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor