'78 Monte Carlo factory 4-speed production #'s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Guys, finally found one that I'm buying this week... I've been searching hard to find out exact production #'s of these, which I know is low.. Anyone with any idea/knowledge to doing so? I've searched forums, chevy by the numbers, articles-can find any data... Thanks for any suggestions

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Geo's66 said:
Guys, finally found one that I'm buying this week... I've been searching hard to find out exact production #'s of these, which I know is low.. Anyone with any idea/knowledge to doing so? I've searched forums, chevy by the numbers, articles-can find any data... Thanks for any suggestions

One guy had one for sale on ebay about a year ago. It was a semi rusty blue one. He claimed it was around just over 1,500 in both '78 and 79' If I remember correctly. I was going to buy it but I didn't have a need for 2 Monte Carlos. So I bought a Caprice Wagon instead.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
raress9596 said:
Saw that one on ebay also. Rust bucket. Guy thought he had gold.

You aren't kidding. I looked up his username and he had the car listed other places as well. All his posts were so arrogant. Like I get it, its rare. But be reasonable and think of the hard work someone will have to put in to get it looking good again.

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
so today i called GM and spoke with their history/information dept. gave them my vin#, a while later found out that there were 216,730 Monte Carlo's produced that year with 1,719 being 4-speeds. the number was 800-222-1020.. very nice person helped and also emailed me this info as well..

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Geo's66 said:
so today i called GM and spoke with their history/information dept. gave them my vin#, a while later found out that there were 216,730 Monte Carlo's produced that year with 1,719 being 4-speeds. the number was 800-222-1020.. very nice person helped and also emailed me this info as well..

Awesome. That may well come in handy in the future. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor