Refurbishing 78 leather bucket seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Guys, just picked up '78 4-speed.. Leather is in fine condition, just needing a cleaning/new die maybe done. Foam is shot... Roughly how much would I have to pay a pro to re-do these? How hard is this to do for a newbie? Thanks

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
I had mine done in new leather a few years ago. The seats with new foam, upper door panels and the console lid cost around $1800 including the SS embroidered in the seat backs.
I ordered new lower door panels and arm rests, carpet kit and a new headliner with new sun visors. all that was about another $1000. I also re-dyed all the plastic parts with SEM camel tan.

Attachments

• 002-9.jpg
    002-9.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 584

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
You'd save a lot of money if you did it yourself, really not a bad job if you have hog ring pliers. You can buy new foam online.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
tc1959 said:
Evan's 85 said:
You'd save a lot of money if you did it yourself, really not a bad job if you have hog ring pliers. You can buy new foam online.
And leather hides at $400- to $800 per hide...If you can find a place to buy them... :blam:
He acted like the material was ok, other than needing cleaned up mainly, but yeah I hear ya, leather is pricey. I believe they were originally vinyl, not real leather. I have a couple sets of the vinyl gbody buckets myself. They do offer factory vinyl seat covers online, but the colors are limited.

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Guys-I can't find a cushion replacement supplier... So, what have you guys done, just take the whole seat to a local seat/upholstery shop?

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Yes... Ok then, I'll give them a call, just didn't see the monte specifically in their website, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor