Sc to ss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 22, 2014
Well I want to change the front on my 1983 Monte to a ss,has anyone used a aftermarket kit and if so how well did it fit.which is the best kit out there.Any help would be great.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Isa said:
Well I want to change the front on my 1983 Monte to a ss,has anyone used a aftermarket kit and if so how well did it fit.which is the best kit out there.Any help would be great.

I bought mine many years ago, it is a Lauren Engineering kit but bought it through OPGI much cheaper but I don't think they carry them anymore.
I fits well and uses a factory nose but the radiator air box and fender extensions are made of fiberglass instead of metal and plastic.
The headlight buckets are metal but have a lot of adjustability to them.
http://laureneng.com/Monte_Carlo_19.html

Isa

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 22, 2014
Thanks I'll check them out,also what headers are you using.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
great cond nose,fender extensions,lower air dam,headlight bucket-to-fender/airbox mounting brackets,and nessasary hardware---350.00 shipped.pm me if interested.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
L.A.X-RATED said:
great cond nose,fender extensions,lower air dam,headlight bucket-to-fender/airbox mounting brackets,and nessasary hardware---350.00 shipped.pm me if interested.

That's a great price, basically the only reason I went aftermarket is when I did mine there were not a lot of people parting out SS front ends so my choices were limited.
This would be a great option for the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor