ANY INTEREST? Mint Condition SS Wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharozen

Greasemonkey
Dec 19, 2012
Triana
These wheels do not fit my project (1979 Cutlass) and I would like to either sale or trade for a set of Olds SSII Rallye Wheels in comparable condition. If interested please private message me and we can correspond in detail.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 759
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 777

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Just curious, but why don't the wheels fit? the bolt pattern should be the same. Is there an interference issue, possibly with the brakes or steering? GM changed the threads on the lug nuts from SAE to metric in 1982. Could this be the problem? As I said, just curious.

Pharozen

Greasemonkey
Dec 19, 2012
Triana
clean8485 said:
Just curious, but why don't the wheels fit? the bolt pattern should be the same. Is there an interference issue, possibly with the brakes or steering? GM changed the threads on the lug nuts from SAE to metric in 1982. Could this be the problem? As I said, just curious.

By "fit my project" I mean SS Monte Carlo wheels won't look right on my 79 Calais.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
If you take off the center caps it will look normal. IDK about down south but up here in the Midwest those rims would be considered more common than olds 15'' ralley and worth around $100 less in value - not an even trade. SSII ralleys are getting a bit thin up here

Pharozen

Greasemonkey
Dec 19, 2012
Triana
pencero said:
If you take off the center caps it will look normal. IDK about down south but up here in the Midwest those rims would be considered more common than olds 15'' ralley and worth around $100 less in value - not an even trade. SSII ralleys are getting a bit thin up here

I appreciate your opinion, but I'm going to have to beg to differ on the $100 or less value. Gross underestimate......regardless of geographical location.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
To suggest that geographical location has nothing to do w/ somethings worth is ridiculous. If you're so confident I'm wrong I'll bet you $50 right now that this trade that you think is an even trade never happens. I am 100% confident that nobody is ever going to come down there w/ some SSII's in the same condition and trade them for those immaculate looking ss wheels which I just saw sitting in a shop for 2 years @ $250 WITH GOOD TIRES and they still didn't sell for 2 years... ok, I will battle 6 dragons with a plastic kid's sword if this trade ever goes down b/c I'm sure that I am not wrong in this case since I'm not enjoying myself. If I am mistaken how come not a single person has come forward to pursue this trade in the last 3 days this post was up then.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
pencero said:
To suggest that geographical location has nothing to do w/ somethings worth is ridiculous. If you're so confident I'm wrong I'll bet you $50 right now that this trade that you think is an even trade never happens. I am 100% confident that nobody is ever going to come down there w/ some SSII's in the same condition and trade them for those immaculate looking ss wheels which I just saw sitting in a shop for 2 years @ $250 WITH GOOD TIRES and they still didn't sell for 2 years... ok, I will battle 6 dragons with a plastic kid's sword if this trade ever goes down b/c I'm sure that I am not wrong in this case since I'm not enjoying myself. If I am mistaken how come not a single person has come forward to pursue this trade in the last 3 days this post was up then.
Quit being a ****ing dick. Those rims are worth much more than $100. A buddy of mine just sold a decent set for $300 with no tires. I agree they aren't worth as much as the SSII rims but he didn't ask for your opinion so go make another worthless comment somewheres else.

Pharozen

Greasemonkey
Dec 19, 2012
Triana
It is obvious that you have manufactured my response to give credence to your disagreement. Perhaps you genuinely misunderstood my post but more than likely you're just twisting my words. In either case let me bring some clarity to a post that you have needlessly confused. Let me see if I can touch basis on a few of your points for other reader's sake:

First of all I never said, "geographical location has nothing to do w/ something's worth". I said that $100 or less is an underestimate regardless of the geographical location. Like I said in my original response earlier, I respect your opinion but I beg to differ.
There is no need to bet money or "fight dragons with children's swords".....hell, I doubt if dragons exist.

My opinion is not arbitrary instead my disagreement on your $100 or less evaluation is based on SEVERAL offers I have received from other places, and the fact that the market for mint condition SS Monte Carlo wheels to a Monte Carlo owner (or anyone for that matter) simply isn't $100.
In my original post, I instructed interested people to Private Message me for further correspondence and that has worked out fine with me, so don't assume that no one hasn't responded sir. I've gotten interest from ebay and craiglist (back in 2012) so now I'm just checking interest on this forum. If I ever decided to actually part ways with these wheels I'll be sure to keep you posted if you aren't busy fighting dragons....

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Never said the wheels were 'worth only $100' which is obviously too low to pay for any nice looking wheel/tire combo... I said the SSII wheels are worth more than the ss wheels by at least $100* and that its not an even trade... and then after that I mentioned a pair that just went for $250 nearby so obviously somebody is either misquoting me purposefully or didnt read very well but w/e. I notice you didn't take me up on the $50 bet. Probably b/c you know I'm correct about the trade not being even and me calling you on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor