78-80 Monte Picture Thread

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Hey guys I notice there are lots of 3rd gens on this site, and some new ones that show up from time to time. So here's a thread to post pics for the all 78-80 Monte's only!

I'll start...

my first car:
d39.jpg

bought this 6yrs ago
a6b.jpg

here's how it looks today
bfa.jpg

Coveted

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2008
Sanborn, Ny 14132
i just now noticed your car was t top.
My envy went down a bit, I can actually breathe when Im around you now hahaha.

Man I want a 79 pretty bad.
I dont know why chevy got away from the sexy lines.

DaOffice

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2008
Yeah those lines of the 3rd gen Monte's were sexy. That's what made me get one after getting rid of my stang. So here's mine which I just got....this is what she looks like for now...

3166390_1_full.jpg

DaOffice

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2008
No it's just the hood. She's got a 350 V8 (from who knows what) that is in need of a tuning badly......

79malibu

Master Mechanic
Jul 30, 2007
south dakota
tony,

whats are those wheels and sizes of them and tires?

yourownself

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2008
stoughton, ma
this is mine about 3 months after i got her. back in 2003.
monteelcentro.jpg

and this is her last summer:
monte.jpg

she's looking a little neglected in my back yard right now, but that'll be short lived. i'm hoping to have the whole project completed for my wedding in september '09 on block island, RI.

it looks about the same now, except for the side pipes and i've pulled the trim off the doors and fenders.

mods to come will be lt1/ls1/4l60e 3/2 drop with (possibly) c6 style 19"/18" wheels, red and white heated leather bench "hey baby" seat with a full custom set of autometer gauges

79malibu

Master Mechanic
Jul 30, 2007
south dakota
rims

oh sorry tony, i meant those in the 2nd pic u posted.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor