1978 El Camino 454 Big Block w/pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

docrocket1967

Greasemonkey
Sep 19, 2010
Florida
I am new here and had some questions for you guys. I bought this el camino at a car show and the trailer it sat on. It was an original 6 cyl. car but now has a 454 with a 700R4. I have looked for this paint scheme all over the place and can not seem to find one with this color can someone please tell me if this is a factory color scheme or aftermarket. It seems to be original. Let me know guys

038.jpg

035.jpg

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Doc,
Check the body number plate that's under the hood,on the firewall,near the windshield wiper arm shaft. Look on the right side of the plate where the word "paint" is. From your picture it looks like Silver Poly (code number 15), and black (code number 19).Hope this helps.

Doug

docrocket1967

Greasemonkey
Sep 19, 2010
Florida
Ya I was going to do that but I was more interested if anyone has seen one this paint scheme before to be honest with ya. I will check soon I have just never seen one like it specially that year so I was hoping to maybe see another one. Thanks for your response. :D

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Doc,
I remember seeing pne years ago, but the roof and the tops of the quarters and the top of the tailgate were also painted black. It had the chrome (just below the cargo tiedown rails) like you've got, and was black above them.

Doug

docrocket1967

Greasemonkey
Sep 19, 2010
Florida
Sure will I have to watch my daughter after work today until late tonight because the fiancee has school. Tomorrow after work I will post some pics for you.

docrocket1967

Greasemonkey
Sep 19, 2010
Florida
Sorry I havent got the pics up yet but I have not forgot. Things have been hectic.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
That is a beautiful Elky. How much HP is that Big Block??? I can't wait to see some under the hood pics as well. I am thinking about building a Big Block for my baby.........Still on the fence though 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor