Not open for further replies.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
oldiejams said:
Qdub24 said:
oldiejams said:
assuming all stock suspension is intact how would 24s fit on a gbody?

i wanted to ride a little high, but i don't really want to get a lift

With brand new stock V8 springs & shocks and the lowest profile 24" tires (25 series) you can get, they should bolt right up. You may need to roll the wheelwell lips for a little more clearance, and/or trim a bit of the front fenders to turn the wheels.

thanks bro
the v8 springs will be cool with a v8 in the car though right? or is it a rule to get heavier duty springs than you need for your application if you want to ride on big rims

like:
231 with small block v8 springs
350 with big block springs?

or new v8 springs with v8 engine is ok?

Either should work, as long as there are brand new springs and shocks installed. Most people just go waste money on an expensive lift kit w/o ever replacing their old, worn springs and shocks.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
bigdawg said:
i cant seem to find any how tos on the internet of lifting a regal to fit some 24s on it, was wondering if someone could help me out. please i dont wanna hear how its bad for my suspension or any racist sh*t. thank you
I have two rear springs... they had the rear end of my el co high as hell (dude told me they were for 24s and I believe him, they were on when i got the truck. my car is still too high with the stock springs, but that will change soon... anyhow, you can use the s10 stuff up front and these in the rear, change your shocks to some adjustable, add upper adj control arms to help reset pinion...

i dont know if i have any pictures with the springs on, as i got them off as soon as i possibly could, but i can tell you the car sat at least 2-3" higher, with my 22s on... so it should work... if you want to try them for the back pm me and let me know...

IMG344.jpg

IMG345.jpg

these are thick heavy duty style springs and lift the rear several inches

Turbo Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 25, 2009
Somewhere in Missouri
bigdawg said:
i have an account on turbobuick and man i couldnt even get a answer out those mother ****ers lol.

That's because those mother ****ers are all about how to make their turbo 6's faster than a Corvette. I don't know of too many of them that lift their cars. :lol:

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
You wanna lift your car????
Isn't that racist in itself???
Lift kits are for 4x4's....
dang racist people in this world, I tell ya.....

Just messin with ya dude..... to each his own and good luck with your build.
Also the Regals will handle more tire/wheel than a Cutlass.

gto nate

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2011
Everett, WA
I don't know too much about lifting a car, however.... I have Iceman fab. dbl adjustable control arms for the rear of my Gbody. the lower arms I wanted so that way I could "center" the wheel in the wheel well, and run a 28" or taller rear tire at the drags, and the uppers for the pinion angle. I did my research before I purchased, and these were the most affordable, and the quality is awesome. When I was in High school my buddie allways had there upper A arms (front suspension) extended. Like they cut them in half and added a inch or two to them, these were hydro cars, so they boxed them too. I would think that would be one way, plus the S10 or "Big body" car springs, then your car should still ride good, and have suspension that goes both ways, up and down 8)

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
Turbo Regal said:
bigdawg said:
i have an account on turbobuick and man i couldnt even get a answer out those mother ****ers lol.

That's because those mother ****ers are all about how to make their turbo 6's faster than a Corvette. I don't know of too many of them that lift their cars. :lol:

sorry i puked a lil when i read that

and gto nate thanks i wondered how people center the wheel i kno exactly what ur talkin about i hate when they aint centered looks like you shouldnt be buying rims cause ur broke lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor