Is there any places out there that produce G-body Bumpers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

86Limited

Greasemonkey
Sep 14, 2009
The Gunshine State, Fl
Seems I'm only having luck on Ebay for a decent none dented and somewhat rust free used rear bumper. With tempertures In the 90's I dont want to even attempt a junkyard feild trip now a days. My bumper Is in great shape all but one lower corner where the rust has broke through and Its just killing me looking at It. Is there any places to get a replacement bumper new preferably for an 86 regal out there?

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
you'd probably come out cheaper to buy one from a junkyard and have it rechromed, than buy one one unseen on line, and pay through the nose for shipping.... just my $.02 :|

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
Around here(PA)a lot of swap meets like carlisle and allentown meets tend to have this compnay there named bumper bros...or bumper boys,anyway they have a pamplet you can take and under oldsmobile they have 81-88 cutlass.Never bought one form them as they're expensive,i have found good conditioned ones in junkyards and lucked out by getting a muddy one for $15 at a yard

86Limited

Greasemonkey
Sep 14, 2009
The Gunshine State, Fl
1evilregal said:
you'd probably come out cheaper to buy one from a junkyard and have it rechromed, than buy one one unseen on line, and pay through the nose for shipping.... just my $.02 :|

I actually went yesterday to a place that does chrome plating, after telling me that they would have to do some re-welding to fix the badly rusted through spots and then re-chrome the cost would be around $700 or so. I nearly choked! I said :wtf: & thanks and was on my way. Ill be hitting some junk yards or Ebay.

86Limited

Greasemonkey
Sep 14, 2009
The Gunshine State, Fl
Minion1186 said:
Around here(PA)a lot of swap meets like carlisle and allentown meets tend to have this compnay there named bumper bros...or bumper boys,anyway they have a pamplet you can take and under oldsmobile they have 81-88 cutlass.Never bought one form them as they're expensive,i have found good conditioned ones in junkyards and lucked out by getting a muddy one for $15 at a yard

$15 dollars, man that would be an opportunity I couldn't pass up. Nice find.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Be patient until you find a nice clean core, then have it rechromed.

At the restoration shop I worked at for the past several years, we took our bumpers to a place here in St. Paul.
Bumpers that were twice the size of a G-body bumper were only $500 to have redone, so I imagine that one for a Cutlass or Regal would be considerably less.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
86Limited said:
1evilregal said:

I actually went yesterday to a place that does chrome plating, after telling me that they would have to do some re-welding to fix the badly rusted through spots and then re-chrome the cost would be around $700 or so. I nearly choked! I said :wtf: & thanks and was on my way. Ill be hitting some junk yards or Ebay.

that's why I said to find a decent one to have rechromed.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor