Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
383Camino said:
Wow, nicely done!

Where'd you get that aluminum (?) bezel faceplate deal? I filled the turn signals on mine, still needs paint, but I'll put up some pics of it when its done.

And I love the install pics! If ya ever need anything, lemme know; ask for Greg in Sales and lemme know you're from the G Body forum.

Thanks!! Post some pics up to motivate bruh to go with a digi setup. I got that panel off of ebay a while back. Turns out the seller was a forum member on another board I go to. He hasnt been making em for a while now. I need one for my El. I'll hit you up if he gets em goin again. I think the price was $45 or so..

Warren

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
I see your point, GP, they're not for everyone. I have no intentions of putting digital gauges in my El Camino - something doesn't feel right about it with that one. The Camino needs analog gauges.

As for defeating the purpose; everyone has their own purpose. With your argument, one could say that all those LS engine swaps with new drivetrains, fuel injection, overdrives and suspension upgrades defeat the purpose of an older car. If thats your atttitude, why not just go pick up a me-too '02 Camaro?

I feel like the purpose of an older car isn't to be stuck with crappy, poorly illuminated gauges, or skinny 14" tires and smogger V6's, but rather get a car that you like the looks of and make it do what you think it should do!

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
youngdeezy said:
Warren drop me the info on that bezel as well im interested in 1 of them. Dakota is the only way to go guys. heres mine and i should have it installed pretty soon in the near future.

Aaw yeah! You'll love em bruh. As soon as I get some feedback from the guy that makes the panels, I'll hit you up...

Warren 8)

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
383Camino said:
I feel like the purpose of an older car isn't to be stuck with crappy, poorly illuminated gauges, or skinny 14" tires and smogger V6's, but rather get a car that you like the looks of and make it do what you think it should do!

i feel that same way and thats the reason i got mine. an old school with modern upgrades to me is the best way to go, that way you have the best of both worlds. its nice to pull up to a new car and beable to say my car has all the same features as your and its 20+ years old. Even better when some motorhead pulls up and be like whats under the hood or in the car and then you show them and the shocked face pops up....priceless

bumpin1ohmss said:
Aaw yeah! You'll love em bruh. As soon as I get some feedback from the guy that makes the panels, I'll hit you up...

Thanks man ...thats cali love

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I voted no but its really all in what you prefer.

Digital gauges are great for getting an absolute accurate reading but I like analog gauges for their beauty and visual dynamics.

It's similar to wrist watches. With a digital you can tell a person its exactly 5:22pm (for example) where as with an analog type watch, you'd be more likely to say, "Oh, its around 5:20..."
However the analog watch looks a lot better than a digital in my opinion.

78_oldcruiser

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2010
Seven Springs NC
looks like im a lil late for the party here! been away a while. i love to look of the dakota digitals. getting one soon for my 78 cutlass cruiser sw. the best part about the hi mph readback is when litup by the fuzz and they say you were speeding you can always pop hi mph read back and say no i wont lol unless you are like me and then you dont want to incriminat yourself :rofl: had a lil rodeo last week lol but those deputies were good sports about it, no ticket or nothing lol

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i got a dakota digital dash for a early 70s nova off ebay for 80 bucks in new condition.... if i use this over my dakota digital seperates that i have it may take a little modifying but it saved me at least 500 bucks if i got that route. i use to always look though, took awhile to find a deal like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor