Cutlass transmission cross member

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
Blake442 said:
That "foot wide" piece you speak of is just behind the trans x-member.
It's a fail-safe for the driveshaft so it doesn't hit the road if it lets go up front.
It bolts to the floor pan. Pretty much every "bolt-in" driveshaft loop for a G-body bolts in there.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's a body stiffener. I doubt GM ever cared about a factory driveshaft safety loop.

2fit661ca

Master Mechanic
Nov 16, 2009
Fairfield, IA
what ever it is, i could do both tasks, and it is not needed to drive the car, so...

Minion offered me his crossmember, so i should be good to go. now i just neeed to find a drive shaft

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
yes i did,its in very good used condition,thank god someone needs it,it would be in the trash right now if not. 8)

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
Too bad you are all the way in Iowa..... I've got one that you could have that already has the cutout for the dual exhaust.

Check out this other one I found too. Read somewhere that the Iceman Fab crossmembers were heavy.... Not sure how that could be but this one says it weighs under 5 lbs.
http://www.tntraceshop.com/78-87_G-body.htm

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Chris Van said:
Check out this other one I found too. Read somewhere that the Iceman Fab crossmembers were heavy.... Not sure how that could be but this one says it weighs under 5 lbs.
http://www.tntraceshop.com/78-87_G-body.htm

Iceman used to produce one that was pretty much identical to the G-force crossmembers. However had to change the design when G-force sued or threatened to sue him.

I have on of Iceman's original T-56 crossmembers before he changed the design:

IMG_1113.jpg

2fit661ca

Master Mechanic
Nov 16, 2009
Fairfield, IA
website went strait to my favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor