Pro-Touring????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
I put my car in the pro touring catagory or jr pro touring as gbodyenthusiast put it. No pizza cutters up front, better tires & rims, handling, brake, transmission & motor mods designed to make the car better at just about eveything without going too extreme in any one area. In the photos link you can see both gbodys I did.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
I never liked all the "labels" anyway. We are all car guys. :D

My wagon is a hot/rat rod, g/pro touring, family cruiser, shop/tow vehicle with racing tendencies.

Attachments

• 20140604_202614.jpg
    20140604_202614.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 114

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Click the little photos button off to the right. It looks like a little camera. They redid some of this forum a while back and now hardly anybody knows about uses the link to peoples photo albums. I also have noticed since then hardly anybody is creating new photo albums. Most of the new members don't have them. :(

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I agree with Shotgun...mine is a daily driver that is modified so it has enough power with a 5 speed that keeps me happy and I can have fun sliding it thru a corner if I choose to drive it that way.

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
G_Body_Enthusiast said:
i like pro touring cars but i think most of it is overkill. they're nice to look at and probably fun to drive but i cant relate to them since the one g-body i have is needed for daily transportation. and i dont think i can justify turning a daily driver into a pro touring car, not for the money needed. i am tweaking my car to be a junior version though, OD for good gas mileage, bigger than stock brakes, frame bracing all over plus all kinds of aftermarket goodies for better handling and a solid reliable engine that doesnt have exotic parts so it cheapish and easy to fix. while still having A/C and a comfortable interior to enjoy it all in. but nothing too extreme except for maybe the suspension, i fully intend to beef up the suspension as much as possible though.

Will it handle better than stock? "frame bracing all over plus all kinds of aftermarket goodies for better handling"
Will it brake better than stock? "bigger than stock brakes"
Will it accelerate better than stock? Probably will.

Nobody said Pro-Touring has to have exotic parts to do all this "better than stock".

Sounds to me like you are building a daily driver Pro-Touring car 8)

I'm doing the same basic thing. Daily driver. 383 with EFI, 6 speed, C5 Vette brakes up front and LS1 Camaro brakes in rear (2000 Camaro), frame/chassis bracing, 17x8.5 wheels with 245/45/17 tires all around, & a good suspension system. Will it out-run a new Vette? No, but he'll darn sure be wondering why my 86 Cutlass is still in his rear-view mirror!

It doesn't have to be show quality. It doesn't have to be the fastest car in town. It doesn't have to be anything, except better than it was. It's a balanced combination and that is exactly what you want for a daily driver. Unlike Pro-Street that has no concerns for handling or comfort. A *better* car is even safer to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor