bolt pattern for cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

86_olds

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2009
so cal
am thinking maybe some cragars super sport or cragars blase 330 (15x8) in the back but i would like to know my bolt pattern are they and what website would you guys recommend buying them i know summit racing has em and i have also heard that u need a spacer is that right ?

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Bolt pattern is 4.75 as for the spacer i wouldn't know.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
kris_tol said:
so would these fit am not to sure on how to check the bolt pattern http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-3305812/
i think these are 5 x 4.50
No those wouldn't fit but you could probably find some in the correct 4.75 SAE or 5x120.65 Metric bolt pattern. I bought a bolt pattern tool for 3 bucks at the swap meet. It's a plastic wheel with the different pattern stamped on it. You could probably find one in SAE and Metric patterns.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
its 5 lug by 4.75 or 4 3/4, good luck with yer new rims, and post pics!

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
Check wheelsforless.com I got a set of black and aluminum ION 16x8's for a bit more than $500 and free shipping AND THE BOLT PATTERN IS 5x4.75

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
jrm81bu said:
joe_padavano said:
kris_tol said:
so would these fit am not to sure on how to check the bolt pattern

The bolt circle is simply the diameter of a circle that passes through the center of all of the wheel studs.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/tec ... ?techid=92

No, on a five lug pattern you measure from the outside of one lug to the center of the one across.

That is an expedient way to get close to the bolt circle on a five lug wheel. Again, it's called a bolt CIRCLE for a reason... it's the diameter of a CIRCLE that all the bolts (or wheel lug holes) are centered on. If you have an even number of wheel lugs, then two opposite ones give you a diameter. There are no opposite ones with an odd number of lugs. I am constantly amazed that people find this such a hard concept to grasp.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
joe_padavano said:
jrm81bu said:
[quote="joe_padavano]The bolt circle is simply the diameter of a circle that passes through the center of all of the wheel studs.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/tec ... ?techid=92

No, on a five lug pattern you measure from the outside of one lug to the center of the one across.

That is an expedient way to get close to the bolt circle on a five lug wheel. Again, it's called a bolt CIRCLE for a reason... it's the diameter of a CIRCLE that all the bolts (or wheel lug holes) are centered on. If you have an even number of wheel lugs, then two opposite ones give you a diameter. There are no opposite ones with an odd number of lugs. I am constantly amazed that people find this such a hard concept to grasp.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

If you measure from the center of the the studs on our cars you won't come up with 4.75. It's called a bolt pattern not a bolt circle. Go back and read the link you posted. You have to go from the outside edge to the center of an opposing stud or you will have the wrong measurement. On four lugs you go from outside to outside, so if you used center to center it would be wrong also. I don't have a problem understanding this at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor