The Junkyard Interchange and Rarities Thread

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Not sure if the N rails will bolt to a G car, I used g body 60/40 rails to convert from my bench seat in my car. Most of the seats I've seen in the level 1 Acheiva are non power seats.

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
ilduce said:
Oldsmoletick said:
On another note, bucket seats from the mid 90's (mine are from a 95) Olds achieva, buick skylark (N body), will bolt up perfectly to G body bucket or 60/40 seat tracks. They are easy to find in charcoal, gray, or blue.

Will their seat tracks bolt up to the g-body floor? I've got a horrible looking 60/40 bench. It looks like someone used it for chainsaw practice. The driver side is a power seat; if you actuate any of the power functions it sounds like marbles being shaken in a glass jar. Buckets would be nice. I refuse to replace my crappy 60/40 with a somewhat less crappy 60/40 out of a junkyard. Buckets in the g-bodys are hard to find (at least in my area). Are the N-body seats typically power or manual?

You need g body bracket and the other body seat bolt to them . And most r manual.

drb930

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 25, 2007
Los Angeles
MR442 said:
ilduce said:
Oldsmoletick said:
On another note, bucket seats from the mid 90's (mine are from a 95) Olds achieva, buick skylark (N body), will bolt up perfectly to G body bucket or 60/40 seat tracks. They are easy to find in charcoal, gray, or blue.

How about some Tan Bucket Seats?

Thanks,
Dave

ilduce

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2010
MR442 said:
Oldsmoletick said:
You need g body bracket and the other body seat bolt to them . And most r manual.

Looks like if I go with N-body buckets then I'd need G-body manual rails and brackets, etc. so I end up pulling out lots of seats to get some nice *ss-pads. Would F-body manual bucket swaps be easier? Will the seat related hardware from an F-body bolt into the floor of the GP? I'm sure some 92 Camaros and Firebirds had some nice buckets.

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
ilduce said:
MR442 said:
Oldsmoletick said:

Looks like if I go with N-body buckets then I'd need G-body manual rails and brackets, etc. so I end up pulling out lots of seats to get some nice *ss-pads. Would F-body manual bucket swaps be easier? Will the seat related hardware from an F-body bolt into the floor of the GP? I'm sure some 92 Camaros and Firebirds had some nice buckets.

The f body tracks will have to be modified to say least to fit. Like I said get a set of G body bucket seat tracks and bolt the f body seats in . The manual tracks for G body r common.

bigjoenvegas

Master Mechanic
Dec 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Great thread! It needs to be a sticky!

ilduce

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2010
MR442 said:
The f body tracks will have to be modified to say least to fit. Like I said get a set of G body bucket seat tracks and bolt the f body seats in . The manual tracks for G body r common.

On car parts finder there's a ton of 90-92 Camaro manual buckets. Will any manual G-body bucket seat tracks from 78-87 work, or just closer years to 90-92 like the seats I want to use?

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
ilduce said:
MR442 said:

On car parts finder there's a ton of 90-92 Camaro manual buckets. Will any manual G-body bucket seat tracks from 78-87 work, or just closer years to 90-92 like the seats I want to use?

They took allot of work so seat would fit and not rub. The manual tracks for bucket r not to bad to find . I always see cars on Craigeslist being parted .

But mine were mid 80

bigjoenvegas

Master Mechanic
Dec 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Re:

Unconfirmed: Cavalier bucket seat, and Cadillac Catera seats. (I have been told that these buckets and basically any other GM Seats(of the 80's) with the same plastic recline levers found on my Monte SS Seats, are all on the same frame cores.) I have yet to actually confirm this myself.
Question. I just picked up a pair of bucket seats out of a 1987 Pontiac 6000. They look very simalar to the g-body buckets. Does this mean I could bolt them right in without changing the seat tracks? I'm coverting from bench to buckets, so I know I do need the inner seat mounts. Has anyone tried to just see if they go right in? I guess I'll just pull my bench out and see if they line up.

87REGALPRO

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2010
I have something to contribute here. Make your g-body sound like a modern car. The chime module out of a 3rd gen f-body has the same pin set up. I tested it in my regal. Now not only does it sound more modern there is a different tone for the headlight warning, key in ignition warning, and the seat belt reminder. Its so cool. That And I now found out that even though the standard rear view mirrors on all g-bodies look the same they don't fit the same. I lose two mirrors it the process. :evil:

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor