1978 El Camino 454 Big Block w/pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
16mpg out of a bbc is very good. Probably would be 12ish with a 3 speed.

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
docrocket1967 said:
Finally had the time for the pics guys and here they are

020-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

sick sick motor man 454 now that is an engine i would like to have one day

docrocket1967

Greasemonkey
Sep 19, 2010
Florida
Hey guys sorry I havent been on in a while I have been workin on my 69 Camaro and bought a Yamaha R1 so they have been getting a lot of attention lately. I will be pulling the transmission in the el camino here soon. Just too sluggish. Fortunately I work at a transmission shop so it will be a quick painless process that won't cost me a fortune. Ive decided to run a 2800 Stall which for a big block is pretty large but im sick of the constant push push push of the cam at a redlight.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
How much cam does she have? I used a 2,800 in my big block 442 and a 3,000 in my GN. It will solve your push push at the light and with the lock up the only time you will know you have a high stall is at WOT. Still impressed with 16 hwy and a BBC and what is probably also a fast car. Most people either build something that is quick or nice to drive rarely both.

1980PontiacWagon

Greasemonkey
Mar 23, 2011
nice car man...but that smashed up air cleaner is killing you...its probably suffering performance wise. Not sure about your intake.. it might be too tall. But I know with my edelbrock RPM air gap, holley 950 3 barrel, vac secondaries..K&N 1" drop base and a 3" tall filter. with a flow thru top all fits under the stock hood...but otherwise looks sweet..I wish my big block got 16MPG

docrocket1967

Greasemonkey
Sep 19, 2010
Florida
Got rid of the El Camino a few weeks ago unfortunately i had too. Now I got a 1986 Monte Carlo SS I wil post pics soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor