383 in My Cutty

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Why am I the only one chiming on this topic? lol

Tune port injection is a decent "factory" setup but it is not meant for aftermarket built motors IMO. If I recall, I've read on several forums that the TPI setup falls flat on its face after 5500 rpm as it does not deliver enough fuel at higher rpms. It's a good start as far as streetability, but doesn't leave much room for upgrades as you will constantly need to get the ECM re-flashed to current specs or to meet upgrades.

If you go the fuel injection route, the best (and most inexpensive) is Comp Cams FAST system or the Powerjection III system.

jonnyv713

Apprentice
May 19, 2008
See, thats what I am trying to stay away from. I need tos tay rather cheap. I am gong to look at a couple beefed F-Bodies Friday so I might get one of those to drive for now and piece together the 383 into a bada** motor making as much power as possible and not caring too much about mpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor