aftermarket a/c

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldscutt85

Apprentice
Jul 14, 2007
Camp Lejeune, NC
does anyone make an aftermarket heat and a/c kit for g bodys,when i did the v8 swap i had pulled out all the wiring from he computer harness and i never found the harness that connects to my a/c so idk what i should do :cry:

79elky454ss

Greasemonkey
Sep 30, 2007
ohio
The wiring under the hood or in the dash? either way I would find a pull a part junkyard harness. Is your car in Japan with you? I could get you one on a trip to the junkyard if you need it there. Thanks for your service!

oldscutt85

Apprentice
Jul 14, 2007
Camp Lejeune, NC
79elky454ss said:
The wiring under the hood or in the dash? either way I would find a pull a part junkyard harness. Is your car in Japan with you? I could get you one on a trip to the junkyard if you need it there. Thanks for your service!
its the harness under the hood i couldnt find the connecter that goes to it,hell no i would never bring my car to japan especally how bad these people drive and it rains like every other hour lol. and your welcome

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Just try to find another harness if you have all the other parts. That harness isn't very hard to get out.

red79vette

n00b
Jul 19, 2010
Good question... I often wanted to add AC to my Camino..
Any one add a vintage air kit or sometning like it?

oldscutt85

Apprentice
Jul 14, 2007
Camp Lejeune, NC
red79vette said:
Good question... I often wanted to add AC to my Camino..
Any one add a vintage air kit or sometning like it?
i had checked out their website today but they only have universal kit for g bodies,i dont wanna spend the cash then find out that nothing fits.

trog

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2009
tampa, florida
try classic auto air...i worked there for years, and they can put together a kit that will work, better quality stuff also

Mike P

Master Mechanic
Aug 7, 2009
Arizona
I’m doing a Hot Rod Air unit in my El Camino project. Here’s a link to the mockup portion.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12658&start=90

As far as I know HRA is now out of business, I do know some of their vendors still have some units still on the shelf…..problem is there would be no factory support recourse in the event of a bad part.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Mike P said:
I’m doing a Hot Rod Air unit in my El Camino project. Here’s a link to the mockup portion.

http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 8&start=90

As far as I know HRA is now out of business, I do know some of their vendors still have some units still on the shelf…..problem is there would be no factory support recourse in the event of a bad part.

Yeah no kidding! I bought one of their evaporators through Summit Racing years ago. Last year I sent them my stock HVAC controls to be modified to work with their system. Found out in Janurary when I still hadn't received them that they were out of business.

It took a lot of tracking down by I was at least able to get them sent over to the company that normally does the work on them. After 14 long months I at least got my controls back.

Now I just hope nothing goes wrong with the evaporator otherwise I'll be pulling it out and hoping a Vintage Air goes in its place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor