vacuum lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
I am having trouble figuring out where this air nose is coming from I found 3 vacuum lines un used that were just sucking in air and I closed them and it actually made the car run a bit better, but the car is still not engaging as good as it should.
I also still hear a air nose from somewhere.
I cannot find anything online about vacuum lines so I thought I would come here for a last resort and I know you all know.
If anyone could help possibly a picture or video of all the vacuum lines and if they should be open or closed up, Thank you all so very much.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
David Williamson said:
I am having trouble figuring out where this air nose is coming from I found 3 vacuum lines un used that were just sucking in air and I closed them and it actually made the car run a bit better, but the car is still not engaging as good as it should.

Engaging?

I also still hear a air nose from somewhere.

Maybe you're just hearing the normal sound of the carb/engine doing their thing.

I cannot find anything online about vacuum lines so I thought I would come here for a last resort and I know you all know. If anyone could help possibly a picture or video of all the vacuum lines and if they should be open or closed up, Thank you all so very much.

It would be way easier for you to post pics of what YOU have and we can tell you what's hooked up correctly and what's not, but for starters, all lines should be closed up and not open.

P.S. All your car problems are due to bad karma from running a Chubby engine in your Olds. :wink:

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
Like when I hit the gas it doesn't get up as soon as I hit the gas it waits for a second like lags then goes.

I will gladly go take pictures now of all the lines I covered.
The noise could be regular but I don't know I guess I will just not worry about that so much.

Also I know I hated the fact of putting the engine in a olds especially when I wanted to keep it all olds, but it was 200$ and they put it in so as broke as I am that was a deal and I hopped on it.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
It had a Buick v6 in it so it wasnt even a true olds anyway :mrgreen:

Well your vaccum lines should not be too hard to figure out. Off the top of my head I can list some lines. Your gonna need one on the vaccum advance, pcv, one down to the trans, vaccum modulator I think is what that is called. May cause some problems with shifting if that is not hooked up. You also have one going to the brake power booster. I know not very specific but gives ya an idea of what should have a line running to it. Cannot think of anymore right now, those are just off the top of my head.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
CHRIS.O said:
It had a Buick v6 in it so it wasnt even a true olds anyway :mrgreen:

Well your vaccum lines should not be too hard to figure out. Off the top of my head I can list some lines. Your gonna need one on the vaccum advance, pcv, one down to the trans, vaccum modulator I think is what that is called. May cause some problems with shifting if that is not hooked up. You also have one going to the brake power booster. I know not very specific but gives ya an idea of what should have a line running to it. Cannot think of anymore right now, those are just off the top of my head.

Okay thank you so much I will go take pictures first thing tomorrow to give everyone a better knowledge about what I have UN-hosed.

But I will go check the vacuum modulator cause I don't think there is any hose coming from the tip.

Thanks again and I will surely get those pictures, I know they will be a much better help.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Any open holes in the intake need to be plugged. There is one 3 port tree that has the bottom port open. You need to put a cap over that or better yet get rid of it altogether and since it looks like it has 2 other hoses that are plugged hooked into it. I looked at some of your other pictures. Did you ever hook the line going from under the front of your carb over to the oil breather on your D side valve cover?

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
CHRIS.O said:
Any open holes in the intake need to be plugged. There is one 3 port tree that has the bottom port open. You need to put a cap over that or better yet get rid of it altogether and since it looks like it has 2 other hoses that are plugged hooked into it. I looked at some of your other pictures. Did you ever hook the line going from under the front of your carb over to the oil breather on your D side valve cover?

So I should eliminate the tree port in the front all together?
Yeah i finally got the correct hose and plug for it to all fit.
I got the valves and everything for free so I couldn't complain about spending like 10$ on the little hose and plug.

So plug any open on the intake right away?
and possibly get rid of the tree port all together or just plug the bottom one?

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Well I was gonna tell ya to take that tree out but ya know your luck it would probably break off in the intake haha. So just get some caps for the 3 ports coming out of it. It will look a lot better than bolts in the end of hoses.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
CHRIS.O said:
Well I was gonna tell ya to take that tree out but ya know your luck it would probably break off in the intake haha. So just get some caps for the 3 ports coming out of it. It will look a lot better than bolts in the end of hoses.

That's what I was thinking it looks pretty disgusting with the bolts coming from them.
I was wondering if in the pictures you could see the two in the back?

But I should take out all 3 hoses and just plug the tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor