vacuum lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
If they do not go anywhere then plug them. This is what I can think of needs vacuum. Transmission, brake booster, that breather on the D side VC, vacuum advance on the distributor. Make sure these all have a good line running to them from the manifold. The vacuum advance can be either ported or from the intake. I know some may disagree but I have never noticed a difference running it to the intake or ported port on the carb. Once all those are hooked up, cap every port on the manifold and carb that is left open.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
CHRIS.O said:
If they do not go anywhere then plug them. This is what I can think of needs vacuum. Transmission, brake booster, that breather on the D side VC, vacuum advance on the distributor. Make sure these all have a good line running to them from the manifold. The vacuum advance can be either ported or from the intake. I know some may disagree but I have never noticed a difference running it to the intake or ported port on the carb. Once all those are hooked up, cap every port on the manifold and carb that is left open.

Okay all will be done hopefully tonight, or tomorrow.
I am not tired at all so maybe I will go out and do them tonight.

Thanks for everything.
I will give an update and some pictures when i plug everything up.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
Re: vacuum lines (more pictures)

http://s1114.photobucket.com/albums/k531/x2DUMBO4x/

They all have lines to them other than the transmission.
I took pictures of them all having lines and the trans seems to not have one.
Brake Booster has one, Vacuum advance has one.
The breather on the Dside valvecover, what does it go to, If I got a hose where would it connect to?

But I will plug all the ones properly tomorrow, and take out the ugly screws, lol.

78 salon

Greasemonkey
May 3, 2009
Brookfield, Ill
Since you're probably running a Q-jet, do a double check around the base plate. There's a couple of small vac. ports there in the back. Also, with the car running, spray some starter fluid around. If you have any leaks, the engine will speed up, then idle back down.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
78 salon said:
Since you're probably running a Q-jet, do a double check around the base plate. There's a couple of small vac. ports there in the back. Also, with the car running, spray some starter fluid around. If you have any leaks, the engine will speed up, then idle back down.

Okay will do, Thanks for that.
So spray the starter fluid at the bottom or all over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor