my malibu project rebuild 4-9-14 (huge tires)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
Re: my malibu project

kuruption109 said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: very nice!! what 4 speed r u runnin?

its got a Small block mated up with a muncie M21 and the factory 7.5 rearend here are some better shots of the car..

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

m20 and m21 are the 4 speeds to have. rock crushers for the win. nice looking car bud

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York

Sweet looking 'Bu!!! Welcome here to GBF 8)

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011

very nice! did you do the air ride yourself... if so, what components did you use and how do you like them, what would u change

91hrdbdy

Greasemonkey
Jun 15, 2011

I did all the air ride myself. I own a small company here in Cali called Smog Rods I built all the parts from scratch. Using a Slam SS 7s up front and Slam SS6 out back. Im running dual Viair 400 and a 8 gal tank with Dakota digital Pressure gauges.
I used all Nickle plated DOT fittings for a leak free setup... not too bad for a long days worth of work..
I have a few of these Kit in stock ready do go if any one wants one, let me know there set up to use either a slam or a fire stone bag in the rear.

Next ill be building a 6 link for the rear and a step notch to get the rear end down lower and to improve the ride a little. it rides a little rough compaired to my bagged and bodied truck. thats because of the 6" bags in the rear, But i had to use them do u my exaust system is a little too close to a 7" bag.

I have some choices to make as far as motors go i have a 454 and a LT1 fuel injection or displacment?? choices choices....
thanks for the comments. i like bot good and bad so dont hold back.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!

****ing Malibu's on air are some of the SICKEST looking cars in the world, for real.
Looks bad *ss. Even the before shot wasn't half bad.
Gauges look mint. Nice head unit -- I have the same one :mrgreen:

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011

91hrdbdy said:
I did all the air ride myself. I own a small company here in Cali called Smog Rods I built all the parts from scratch. Using a Slam SS 7s up front and Slam SS6 out back. Im running dual Viair 400 and a 8 gal tank with Dakota digital Pressure gauges.
I used all Nickle plated DOT fittings for a leak free setup... not too bad for a long days worth of work..
I have a few of these Kit in stock ready do go if any one wants one, let me know there set up to use either a slam or a fire stone bag in the rear.

Next ill be building a 6 link for the rear and a step notch to get the rear end down lower and to improve the ride a little. it rides a little rough compaired to my bagged and bodied truck. thats because of the 6" bags in the rear, But i had to use them do u my exaust system is a little too close to a 7" bag.

I have some choices to make as far as motors go i have a 454 and a LT1 fuel injection or displacment?? choices choices....
thanks for the comments. i like bot good and bad so dont hold back.
why not a lq9/ls6 intake type swap... or stock 5.3 vortec

91hrdbdy

Greasemonkey
Jun 15, 2011

I chose these to motors because i have them sitting in my shop.. i was gonna use the LT1 in my hardbody pickup but i went with a 4.6l northstar because it different. here is my Nissan
40208_10150259523110354_451565945353_14458444_2618039_n.jpg

I got the 454 form a customer as partial trade for work on his Mazda6 so i dont have any real use for either of them.. the SBC in my Malibu only has 20k on it so its still got alot of life and i can swap that in to my 71 nissan truck and i think that would be lots of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor