khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
that's one of the most badass sleepers I've seen, ever... :notworthy:

1980PontiacWagon

Greasemonkey
Mar 23, 2011
deffinatly keep the stock hood. Everyone tried to convince me to get a cowl because it would look cool...cool is blowing the doors off a mustang gt and gettting a :wtf: look at the next light.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Now that's a really sweet grocery getter!!!! One hell of a price as well, great score!!!

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
nice looking wagon!

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
I have put the 500 in two gbodys. See my pics. There is also another thread on here with great pics etc where he put one in a Elcamino. The 500 is a lot lighter than a 454 but non performance gbodys had stupid soft springs. Moog springs are cheap & available at any autoparts. The 5660 as mentioned would be ideal & drop right in & only set a 1/4 to 1/2" lower than factory ride height. No offence but screw cutting coils. The Edelbrock aluminum intake saves 22 pounds! And frees up some HP in the middle upper rpm range & costs you no torque down low. It is taller but if the motor was set in right read low close to crossmember it will still work under a stock hood especially if you trim out some hood braceing.

Here is a good link for performance Cad parts and hot rodder advice. The owner Marty is a stand up guy & very helpful. His engine builder John is also helpful & very knowledgable. Even competed in an engine masters competition with a Caddy he built. http://WWW.500cid.com

Having the bigger g body front sway bar also helps handling a lot. Or even better the 36mm hollow from an early 90s WS6 equiped Trans Am or 1LE Camaro. Last I knew you could still get that bar at GM parts direct or a dealer fairly cheap. But you may need the Caddy 425 angled oil pump base to mount the sway bars without washers or spacers to clear the oil filter.

You can also get heat & your factory AC hooked up if you want. The 80/81 368 came the R4 compressor that we have on the gbody so brackets & pulleys make it easy to mount. Plus no smog and all lighter sheet metal pulleys for a quicker rev & less parastic loss. Finding an 80/81 in the salvage yard is the trick though. Last the other caddy vendor out west has headers for a gbody depending on what you want out of this beast.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor