Replacing front pump seal on TH350 Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

onespeedyrc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2012
How much of a pain is it to replace the front seals on the a TH350 Transmission? Dropping it shouldn't be a problem, I just wonder what can of worms I'd be getting into. From the diagrams I have it looks like there is a seal behind the torque converter in the center of the pump housing, and a larger one on the pump housing. Looks like this just unbolts and slides out or is there more to it? Seems that since this car sat for 3+ years in storage, more and more leaks are cropping up. I'm going to replace the fluid and filter, any other seals or gaskets that I should look at since the trans will be out of the car? Change modulator or any other parts? Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Billys88SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 16, 2012
I would do the front and rear transmission seals...as well as checking your rear main oil seal while the transmission is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor