flowcooler waterpump

Status
Not open for further replies.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Just an FYI, you can get the same GMB 130-1260P pump from Autozone for $31.99.

Shouldn't need a special pulley. It's listed as a stock replacement for a car with a 307.

85 B Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2010
What about tuff stuff brand? I see summit has them for around 70$, has anyone tried one of these?

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
online170 said:
Another thing that helped was he added a variable speed fan controller from derale. It ramps the fans on slowly so its not hard on your alternator and fuses/relays. Also your fans spend alot less time running.

Do you have a part number for this controller? Thanks!

shanghaismith

Greasemonkey
Mar 5, 2010
Macon, GA
I have an aluminum flowkooler, it just failed after 14 months. I am going back to the stock pump.

Burnhard

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2010
shanghaismith said:
I have an aluminum flowkooler, it just failed after 14 months. I am going back to the stock pump.
Do you know were these pumps were made? I have thought abought using one of the new style electric pumps on my build,we used to run a old school moroso electric pump at the track but the engine did not like it on the street. Like most after market off shore stuff it just does not stand up.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I think the Flowkooler stuff has taken a nose dive in quality.

My brother has one on his 403 and it's been going strong for 8+ years.

However I bought one for my 455 and it was leaking after just a few heat cycles. :(

I have a remanufactured cast iron diesel pump now and it works fine.

85 B Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2010
So where do you guys recommend going for a stock pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor