How to do an emissions delete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I guess you didn't read that...well when do get pulled over just tell them your friend said it was ok

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
pontiacgp said:
I guess you didn't read that...well when do get pulled over just tell them your friend said it was ok

I did read it. Ok then so where would i be able to obtain one of these "Hollowed Cats" ?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
it's not a hollowed out cat and if it was they use a laser thermometer, if the cat isn't hotter than the connecting pipes they bust you for altering the cat. I run two of these magnaflow cats and you can get them at just about any speed shop..

642-54955.jpg

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
pontiacgp said:
it's not a hollowed out cat and if it was they use a laser thermometer, if the cat isn't hotter than the connecting pipes they bust you for altering the cat. I run two of these magnaflow cats and you can get them at just about any speed shop..

642-54955.jpg

Ok Will this hurt my mpg and performance? Also does it alter the sound of my exhaust...i like the way it sounds now :p ! Thanks alot for helping :)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
it's almost no restriction so it wouldn't be noticeable...like I mentioned it was designed for race cars at tracks to keep the tree huggers happy but they do work

I got my cats and mufflers from this place in London, I went there picked them up..

http://www.exhaustdirect.ca/

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
pontiacgp said:
it's almost no restriction so it wouldn't be noticeable...like I mentioned it was designed for race cars at tracks to keep the tree huggers happy but they do work

Ok thats good. Well i have alot on my bill right now. Rebuilt carb is being rebuilt as we speak, wanted to upgrade headers but guess i can leave them and take the car to a worthy exhaust shop to get them to fix the frigging leaks out of them. And since i have 2 pipes im gonna need 2 cats. Does it matter with my pipe size? Or are they all universal fit.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
they go from 1.75 up to 3"...and they have the thunderbolt line now, they use to have magnaflow

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Last time I checked Partsource was selling the magnaflow, hi-flow universal cats for $90 each. 2.5" tubing and you weld or clamp it in-line with your exhaust.

Your typical traffic officer won't bother with checking for emissions equipment but it there is something obvious ( smoking/smelly exhaust, excessive noise, ect.. ) they will detain you and call in someone to inspect the vehicle. These are the same officers you see when they do the Roadside Commercial Vehicle Inpections and 400 Series Highway Inspections on the Long Weekends working with OPP and the MTO.

I have now hooked up my EGR with a steel plate sandwiched between the EGR and the Intake. Then plumbed it in-line with the charcoal canister and PCV vacuum line to the carburator.
Is it legal - hell no
Will it pass a visual inspection - maybe
Does it appear better than having everything removed and hoses capped off - YES !

PontiacGP - do you have any pics showing how you hooked up your EGR ?? I ditched the Thermo-valve from my thermostat housing and now I am unsure how the EGR should really be hooked up ( hence the blockoff plate )

pulled from the Ministry of the Enviroment Website for a little light reading if you are interested http://www.ene.gov.on.ca/environment/en ... 78275.html

Vehicle emissions enforcement
Previously known as the Smog Patrol, this program employs uniformed officers who operate police-standard cars, trucks and motorcycles with red lights and sirens. These officers stop vehicles to make sure they comply with Ontario's Drive Clean regulations. They have the same defensive driving and use-of-force training as police officers and even carry handcuffs. Vehicle enforcement officers work with the OPP and other police agencies in Project ERASE, an initiative that targets street racers who may have altered their vehicles by removing emissions controls.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
axisg said:
PontiacGP - do you have any pics showing how you hooked up your EGR ?? I ditched the Thermo-valve from my thermostat housing and now I am unsure how the EGR should really be hooked up ( hence the blockoff plate )

you'll laugh at this, I got stopped last year and got a $385 ticket for no EGR (I got the ticket tossed). I have not put together the parts I need to set it up from the exhaust (lazy is the problem with this) since vortec heads have no EGR so I JB welded the EGR to the RPM Airgap intake and it looks good. They do not test the equipment to see if it's working, it only has to be in it's place with the vacuum line hooked up. I should hook the EGR up so I can get my timing to where it should be

if you got rid of your thermal valve just hook your egr to ported vacuum on your carb so you get no vacuum to the egr at idle

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
Is PartSource in canada? lol :p I was looking on jegs Website and they sell them for that much too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor