SBC motor mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
i cant find the block mount only the frame mount. i bought it from oreilly's the frame mount and cant find the block mount. now i realize they sell moroso mounts but i need frame and block mounts for those to work.

these look universal and was wondering if i could use them to drop my 350 in my regal

http://www.jegs.com/i/Quick-Time-BellHo ... ProductId=

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
well called jegs and they said those dont work, guess im forced to get the moroso set? 70 bucks for mounts holy smokes :shock: it never crossed my mind once that i would have this problem, why do they sell only the frame mounts lol
theres no way im pulling a motor in the junkyard for those mounts

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
part stores dont sell them because they dont go bad. ill check and see if i have a spare set laying around the garage. if i do, pay shipping and theyre yours.

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
maliburacinfreak said:
part stores dont sell them because they dont go bad. ill check and see if i have a spare set laying around the garage. if i do, pay shipping and theyre yours.

that would be pretty bad *ss, i got the set that came with the 350 vortec out of a suburban but i would have to drill the hole to line up to the frame mount and then after that im sure the motor will sit too high and i dont like cowl hoods

gbondo57

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2010
Central Okla/USA
I could be off, but, the parts I think your looking for are commonly refered to as clam shells. Three bolts to the block, and if your lucky, the long bolt that goes to the frame mount. I got a set from the salvage off on engine on the ground. This set had the long bolt NUT captured on the shell. When installing, make sure you stab the fuel pump side from the back. Putting it in from the front requires pulling the fuel pump to pull it back out. (I.E. you put the bolt in then the pump) If your frame is not quite "perfect" there will be a shimmy shuffle to get the second one in. I had to "butcher" an old frame mount to fit up. Rots oh Ruck, DuDe

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor