Oil spitting out!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

censley

Apprentice
Jun 30, 2012
Hey fellas,

Finally fired up my new engine that has been ran and dynoed before I installed it.

Lots of oil came spitting out of the passenger side... Wasn't on the engine or the starter at all!
I'm assuming that it came out from the dip stick tube hole in the engine because the lokar flexible one I put in was not a tight fit at all! But no oil on the starter????

Sbc 350

censley

Apprentice
Jun 30, 2012
Oil was only found on the rear of the long tube header and frame on the passenger side... And a bunch on the ground right under that!

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
You may be right about the dipstck tube. While I don't think this is the cause according to your description, a common leak on the passenger side comes from the upper hole on the front of the block by the fuel pump. It needs to be plugged with a short bolt or it will leak oil past the fuel pump pushrod and be blown down the passenger side. It's often mistaken for a leaking front crank seal or front oil pan gasket.

censley

Apprentice
Jun 30, 2012
Bolt is there... I guess the only answer is that dip stick tube being to small.... Just never seen it before like that

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
The dipstick hole is larger diameter for passenger side than driver's side -- at least on some. I ran into that on a recent LT1 swap. Grabbed a cheap chrome one off the shelf and went to put it in. Found it was loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor