Bucket Seat Question G BODY

Status
Not open for further replies.

442kid

Apprentice
Nov 24, 2007
Stoney Creek Ontario Canada
Hi Guys,

I have a couple of questions regarding factory bucket seats in 1980's G BODY (Cutlass specifically but they should be the same). I know you install bucket seats in a car with factory 60/40 bench. So are all the brackets the exact same on bucket seat and a 60/40 front bench? Can you swap the ones from a bench to the bucket seat if needed? I have a pair of bucket seats I bought with no tracks and I have 4 tracks from I believe a 60/40 front bench. Wondering if they will work 100%. Any body have a picture of the bucket seat mounts from the bottom side I can compare?

Second question also regarding bucket seats but this I am referring to a drivers ower bucket seat. The seat in car is suppose to work but I was told the fuse kept blowing and it was pulled? I don't see anywhere for the fuse for a pwr seat...Is there a replacement fuse location in the box for the optional pwr front seat (1985 salon)? Wondering if the seat does work like it is suppose to or if I was fed a line :?

Any help much appriecated. Darryl

Lowproelco

Greasemonkey
Jul 19, 2011
So Cal
yes 60/40 tracks will work for you i did the samethang and thang.. but i cannot answer the second question..

442kid

Apprentice
Nov 24, 2007
Thanks for the feedback...if anybody has picture showing the feet on a bucket seat from bottom etc I don't know if I have a full correct set or some duplicates as they were in storage.

Huroncountycutty

Apprentice
Feb 3, 2013
If it was blowing fuses,I would think there would be a short in the seat motor, switch, or in the harness that went to them? I would run a new power with an inline fuse under the seat or something, just to be sure,

jmt455

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
SE Michigan
The power seat circuit does not use a fuse; current protection is provided by a 30A circuit breaker on the fuse block.
The breaker is located on the right side of the fuse block, 2 rows above the turn flasher and next to the 10A radio fuse.

The power feed should be plugged into the red "BAT" terminal just below the breaker.

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
60/40 tracks don't always work with bucket seats. Split bench seat bottoms come in two different mounting bolt widths. Measure across where the tracks bolt to the seat, buckets will measure 13.5", split bench will sometimes measure 14.5" and then the track feet will miss the floor studs. BTDT.

442kid

Apprentice
Nov 24, 2007
Thanks guys got the pwr seat working it was unplugged at the fuse block and it seems to work fine. Still have not tackled the bucket seat track swap but now that is warming up outside I will be more motivated. Thx Darryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor