Cowl Hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

RECKS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 24, 2007
I dropped in a 383sbc into my '86 Supreme and it looks like my carb is 1" too high to clear the hood. I have an RPM Air Gap intake with a Holley carb. I'm looking for a cowl hood (maybe just 2" high). I saw that Glasstek made them, has anybody used these hoods or can recommend a different company?

I'm looking for a full hood, I don't want to bolt a scoop on.

Thanks!

TBRtat2

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2008
is it the carb, or an aircleaner thats hitting?

RECKS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 24, 2007
It's the carb. Plus, I'm adding nitrous, so that plate is going to bring the carb up another inch.

I don't have the hood bolted on yet, I can just tell by the relation of the carb to the fenders.

TBRtat2

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2008
you might want to test fit the hood.

When i dropped my motor in, i was sure that my hood would hit. But it fits great and with room to spare.

Besides, if it does hit you will know for sure what you need. And is only a few bolts, and a minute worth of time to just try it.

And get some pics so we can see it.

darthvaderolds

Apprentice
Dec 28, 2008
Chicagoland
RECKS said:
I'm looking for a cowl hood (maybe just 2" high)
I'm looking for a full hood, I don't want to bolt a scoop on.
Thanks!

Its not a full hood but its a cowl scoop, and its the only cowl scoop dsigned for a G Body Cutlass..The FE3X Cowl hood scoop , doesn't take much to install and it will look great on a Cutlass. I can make you one from the original prototype molds.
hood20scoop.jpg

On the cars, just looks awesome!
Colage-2.jpg

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Angelo, how much would would the scoop cost around?

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Yeah, how much?? I remember calling the phone # on the FE3X site and talking to the guy but can't remember how much. Definately beats a normal cowl hood to me.

darthvaderolds

Apprentice
Dec 28, 2008
Chicagoland
dan2286 said:
Angelo, how much would would the scoop cost around?
YOU ARE LOOKING AT ABOUT $275 WITH SHIPPING. THEY ARE MADE TO ORDER ONLY IN HANDLAID FIBERGLASS FROM THE ORIGINAL PROTO TYPE MOLDS. THEY WERE ACTUALLY $325 BEFORE, AND HE HAS NOW GIVEN ME A PRICE BREAK SINCE HE HAS BEEN DOING A LOT OF WORK FOR ME AND I HAVE SENT HIM A TON OF BUSINESS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor