Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2008
Chamberlain,South Dakota
Stock for now

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
My bad but i need a part number for the cable geometry corrector and the bracket. I didn't get a positive answer from the speedshop when i called. Also i am looking for a air cleaner what are you running? I am looking for a smooth chrome air cleaner but am unsure if i need the offset, centered. or raised base. Again its a 350 with a performer intake and a 1405 Edelbrock carb. just can't seem to figure this out :lol:

mugzi

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2007
wat is a geometry correcter. i have a 200r4 now but i'm replacing it with a 700r4. my 200r4 has been on a edle 600 card for bout a year now. now my trans seems like it doesnt have passing gear any more. i never put or used the after market bracket. would that have messed up my trans

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
mugzi said:
wat is a geometry correcter. i have a 200r4 now but i'm replacing it with a 700r4. my 200r4 has been on a edle 600 card for bout a year now. now my trans seems like it doesnt have passing gear any more. i never put or used the after market bracket. would that have messed up my trans

Yes it could have. Improper line pressure can kill a transmission in as little as a few miles. This is one of the reasons I recommend a 1976 or newer Quadrajet and the proper GM bracket for the cables. It ensures that the geometry is right without the expensive correction kits. BTW, I have run an Edelbrock 600 on my 355 before, and yes it does screw up the TV cable geometry. My TH 200 4R is out to lunch now (was a little bad before the Edelbrock carb) and will soon be replaced by a T-5 5 speed manual swap.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
well i called Summit and ordered the geometry corrector and the tech line said i could use my original throttle cable bracket with the corrector.... guess we will see.

mugzi

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2007
thats wat i did i used my old factory bracket on my edlebrock. wat is a geometry correcter

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado

mugzi

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2007
thanks bro, the funny thing is from speaking on this topic i was lookin in my catalog at that wondering if thats wat you guys was talking about. i cant even descride or set value to wat i have learned being part of this web site.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
mugzi said:

I will also say, save your money and have the TH2004R gone through instead. The TH 700 R4 has a horrible gear ratio drop from first to second. It was designed for "launch feel" and not actual performance. The 200 fits without expensive modifications, and it can be built to last. It also has a much better 1-2 ratio spread than a 700. It is the same as a TH350, in fact.

When at all possible, try to use stock parts to build your car. They are designed to work together well and with GM, there is an almost endless variety of parts to choose from, many of which are the equal of what the aftermarket is selling. While I would not run a computer Quadrajet on a modified car, I would run a properly rebuilt 1976-85 non computer version of the same carb. No need for expensive brackets and correctors, just use what the car had stock. Likewise the Th2004R. it is every bit as good as a 700. Both are marginal transmissions in their stock form, but both can be built to survive too. The only reason I would use a non original type transmission in a G body is if I had a drag car or wanted a manual transmission.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I agree too on using tried and true parts but i got a good price on the Edelbrock carb . I was kind of turned off on quadrajets after a so called "expert" rebuilt mine and it was worse than before . so i figured on using something different this time if not, then maybe i will go back to a q-jet or a holley.... it has been a pain trying to adapt this carb to work :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor