Door interchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

ligoatpar

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2005
Southampton, Pa.
Can anyone confirm that '86 Cutlass doors will fit an '84 Regal? (2 dr.)

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
I won't be any help to you. I just wanted to say doors are not an easy thing to swap out. Yes, the windshield, roof, and hinges would all match up, but the sheet metal between the GM divisions were different. Some sides had creases, some didn't, etc.

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
According to the link below, the Buick and Olds doors interchange. I know the 4 door models interchange (I tried it once on my 81 Cutlass 4 door, I got a door from an 84 Regal 4-door). As an FYI, 78-88 4 doors never got a substantial sheet metal change. A hood from an 80 Cutlass 4 door fit my 81 Cutlass 4 door w/o problem.

http://www.bowtiepower.com/Gbody_chassis.html

ligoatpar

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2005
Southampton, Pa.
Thanks guys! I know the 4dr.s interchange. Pontiac/Chev, Buick /Olds. The 2dr. pontiac/chev look the same, I just wanted confirming info before I spend money. Thanks again!

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
I am also pretty sure that the 81-88 Cutlass and Regal 2 dr. Doors do interchance. I know Monte Carlo do not because of the unique body lines.

See if the place you are getting them from can email you some pictures, so you can make sure they look the same. The only difference would be in the outer door skin.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Yes, 81-88 Regal and Cutlass doors are identical. Grand Prix and Monte Carlo doors are unique though.

hobbes442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 1, 2007
mount vernon,in
doors

i have a regal door on my cutlass.

mybuick

n00b
Apr 28, 2007
mount prospect
i got 81 cuddy doors on my gn
04_10_3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor