1982 Chevy Malibu Nomad Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme-Kustoms

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 2, 2009
yeah i know that but its a 2 door wagon. there where never made. Im looking for some build pictures. id like to build one like this some day.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
There's two ways to do it. The first is that you can cut the B-pillar out and relocate it back and then fit in the doors from a 2-door, and then fill in the rest with parts from a 2-door.
The best way to do it would be to start with a 2-door car, and cut and weld the station wagon rear clip on to the 2-door body.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
There's a lot more to it than most people think. For one, the roof height at the windshield from wagon/sedan to coupe is as I recall, over an inch difference. The wagon/sedan windshield is not laid back as far as the coupe. Then there's the whole curved side glass issue (I have a guy that says he can get it made).

I would absolutely NOT put flat glass in it, there's a welded-rear-doors wagon for sale here in OK done into a sedan delivery...the area immediately behind the door glass looks terrible...almost flush in the middle, with deep recesses at the top and bottom.

IMO, best bet is to have a coupe donor, use the doors and B pillars from the coupe, and the forward portion of the quarters, sectioning in the wheel opening. I would leave the roof alone, and use the wagon door uppers to build a window frame for the coupe doors.

I had both a coupe and wagon for the project, but sold the coupe (too good a driver to whack up), and have not yet found another reasonably-priced coupe to use as a donor.

There has been one for sale in TX that was spliced as suggested in the post above, but the roof had a hump in it because of the height difference...killed the flow of the roofline, and made it look amateurish, despite supposedly having been done by a long time bodyman.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Here's one I saw at a car show back in '06 here in OK.... probably not the same one (or is it? the doors look welded...), but it looked fairly decent (paint excepted!) up close.

normal_PICT0247.JPG

yeah its not a great pic, but there it is

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Different one...here's the one in Bartlesville

2eam1xy.jpg

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
I think the one in GP403's post looks head & shoulders over the one you posted, mainly because the drip rail is intact. It doesn't look complete without it imo on the other one. I also think it would be interesting to see one with 2-door doors and El Camino windows.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Here's one I had taken a picture of several years ago.
[/img]
MVC-497S.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Here's one that was a work in progress...don't know what ever became of it and how it progressed

wagonles.jpg

[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor