What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
What did you do to your G-Body today?? I know there's a lot of us that do stuff to our cars on a daily basis. Lets see whos doing what. Ill start lol.

Today was a big day for my 84 cutlass. I just recently bought it. I can post pics tomorrow, but anyways. It came with 22s. I sold those today, and put on some Pontiac rally II wheels. Gonna paint them when I get a chance. I also got new studs, brake pads, tie rod end, and center link. Just random things that need to be done. Previous owner just wanted big wheels, but didn't do it the right way, oh and I am also lowering it this weekend.

Reactions: 3 users

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
I driving mine now :D

did most of my work last summer but i did do an oil change, new dipstick tube and repaired my battery cable last weekend to get it ready. Also put the finishing touches by putting the flywheel cover back on and now I get to enjoy it! its been awesome so far it rides like a dream on the highway now because i replaced my driveshaft with my engine swap and it pretty much idles on the highway with 2.41's for now. pinned the speedometer couple of times with no effort, lol

Reactions: 3 users

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
redid the headliner yesterday, started sorting through 2 shelves of interior......still seriously considering yanking the 305

Reactions: 1 users

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I dug a mouse nest out of the heater box and pulled out a birds nest from on top of the right rear tire! Sad thing is, is that its only been sitting for 2 weeks :shock:

Reactions: 2 users

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
-83MONTESS- said:
I dug a mouse nest out of the heater box and pulled out a birds nest from on top of the right rear tire! Sad thing is, is that its only been sitting for 2 weeks :shock:

ouch...thats crazy.
yeah i need to start prepping my wheels for paint. right now it looks like im driving a hoopty haha. its still raised upfront lol. but i dont care because now i can actually go fast and maneuver well. Today im going to replace my speedo gear..

edit.. and getting my windows tinted. legal limit is 35% im thinking either 15 or 20 though. and like most of us, driving of course.

Reactions: 2 users

RockSS

Master Mechanic
Oct 24, 2010
Enfield Ct
Well its still morning so I haven't done anything yet ... :D Anyway I weighed it yesterday 3560 lbs :shock: damn thats pretty heavy ... Then I stuffed it into my 20' enclosed trailer and brought it back to the scale. (trailer weight from the factory says 3415 I added a nitrogen tank, winch, battery, and electric tongue jack<<< make life a little easier).. has 2, 3500lb axles so you can see it doesnt add up well. anyway ends up total package, truck trailer and car weighs 12,360 lbs :wtf: but with load distribution bars theres only 6400 lbs on the trailer axles :eek: . Anyway that was my eventful day now I get to try to just enjoy today .. be out running errands in the monte

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Yesterday while waiting for stock to arrive for the next job at work I decided to sand off the clearcoat on my wheels, polish the lip, and give them a fresh coat of paint. Holy smokes my hands are sore today !!! I dropped the 2 freshly painted wheels and 2 new tires off to the tire place around the corner from work this morning. I am not looking forward to doing the other 2 !!!

87ttop

Master Mechanic
Jan 8, 2011
chattanooga, tn
well im on my way this minuteto the garage, so that I can change rear wheel studs in my 81 elco. I plan on putting my interior together once i get my consoles

Reactions: 1 user

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
ive been working on my 79 Monte just about everyday since I bought it last year. Its come a long way.

the latest project is to finally put some gauges in the car. I have been "running blind" since I changed the motor. I havent really cared if it blows up.

Im building a custom cluster with autometer sport comp II. its looking good so far but im doing the wiring as nice and clean as I can so I can make some others down the road and I am using a wire harness for easy plug and play incase I change to a new car or want to sell it.

• Creative
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor