My son wrecked my '86 Grand Prix and now we need parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrillseeker

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 6, 2014
Charlotte North Carolina
I am still trying to round up parts for that 86 GP that my son wrecked. He got a job and now has the money to buy the parts. I figure if we get a whole nose that will cover the grill, bumper, fiberglass nose piece, and bent passenger headlight bucket. I also need a right taillight and the panel that goes between it and the quarter. We are going to try to straighten the quarter and fender. So far it looks like all the GP parts in NC are on the East coast. Cox Auto salvage in Elm City has an 86 front end. I have heard from another member of the forum that there are others parts out near there. If I am going to drive for 3 plus hours I need to know I am getting parts that are worth the trip and gas money. I am upset I have to go through all this since the car was almost perfectly straight. It just needed paint. I have spent a lot of money on seals and interior parts and was planning on putting it all together this Summer and getting it painted. Not a restoration, just a preservation, but enough to where it will look pretty nice again. It's a T-top car and the previous owner was a friend of mine who passed in 2000 so I won't part with it.
normal_Left_side_is_good.jpg

normal_Right_side_from_back_damage.jpg

normal_Taillight_damage.jpg

normal_Right_Quarter_damage.jpg

normal_Right_Door_damage.jpg

normal_RF_Fender_damage.jpg

normal_RF_corner_damage.jpg

normal_Nose_Damage.jpg

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Your GP has the same color scheme as mine!! good luck fixing it back up. i don't think you should have a problem finding parts especially on ebay.. :? 8) if you don't find a header panel i have one... but shipping is gonna be a b*tch! :|

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
I'll check on those parts for you next week. I'll get photos and prices of the parts you are looking for. I have a set of tail lights that you can have. They have the taller emblem in the center. Must be a little earlier model.

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
PM sent, I just found a 1986 GP in your back yard. They turn over fast so you may need to go give it a look.

Thrillseeker

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 6, 2014
Charlotte North Carolina
85GPLef41 said:
Your GP has the same color scheme as mine!! good luck fixing it back up. i don't think you should have a problem finding parts especially on ebay.. :? 8) if you don't find a header panel i have one... but shipping is gonna be a b*tch! :|

I loved this car when it was new. Such a great color scheme. Thanks for the offer. Let me see what I can round up here locally first.

Thrillseeker

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 6, 2014
Charlotte North Carolina
86 Grand prix said:
PM sent, I just found a 1986 GP in your back yard. They turn over fast so you may need to go give it a look.

I am going to go look at it after work and see if it has what I need. I may need to take a vacation day tomorrow in order to get the parts I need before they are gone.

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
Did you find anything that you can use?

Thrillseeker

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 6, 2014
Charlotte North Carolina
86 Grand prix said:
Did you find anything that you can use?
we got the bumper, the right fender,the right tail light, the fender extension for the right quarter,the hood spear, the dashboard, the instrument cluster, and the rear view mirror. I called the guy that beat me to the car and he said we might be able to work a deal on the header panel and the headlight bucket.
normal_20140417_103630.jpg

normal_20140417_103622.jpg

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
Cool deal. Let me know if I need to go find a nose piece for you at my "private" yard. Just joking my guy has three GP's and has sense enough to keep them since they are getting hard to find parts for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor