Gas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It's gone way up and going up further. The price of a US gallon here today is $5.57 which is over a $1 more than the highest price in the US. My GP is coming out of hibernation soon and I like to drive it in the summer but these gas prices are ridiculous.

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
Where are you? Must be Canada. What is a normal summer price per gallon, here in Michigan it is around $3.99 in summer.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm in Ontario Canada....we ship our unrefined crude to you guys to refine in the US and we get to buy it back at the high price. You think it would make sense for Canada to build refineries here but the gov here is full of nonsense... :mrgreen:

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN
Well, with the current Keystone Pipeline debacle, it's clear that our government is also full of nonsense. :roll:

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
We will trade you our Congress for your government any day, we have the biggest bunch of idiots you can't even begin to comprehend.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
we are not supposed to have any political debates in this forum but I don't think this is a debate, we are all in agreement... :)

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
pontiacgp said:
we are not supposed to have any political debates in this forum but I don't think there is a debate, we are all in agreement... :)

So true. :rofl:

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
Depending on which gas station i go to, 93 octane is costing me $4.20-4.40 a gallon... and its crap ethanol added gas... CONNECTICUT has NO "pure gas" stations anymore... i miss living down south...

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
BPTTONE420012 said:
Depending on which gas station i go to, 93 octane is costing me $4.20-4.40 a gallon... and its crap ethanol added gas... CONNECTICUT has NO "pure gas" stations anymore... i miss living down south...

The entire country is changing that way. Michigan has 10% ethanol in all of its gas, that has slowly changed over just the past couple years unless you go to a marina, there you can get pure gas but of course it cost $5 to $6 a gallon.
We are at $3.87 today.

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
:wtf: Because of the "Green-Liberal" stranglehold over the Federal Government & most New England states (as well the rest of the nation), there are only a handful of places in all of New England authorized to sell Ethanol-Free gasoline and many of those are not traditional "Gas Stations" per se, so its rather impractical to fill up with the "traditional" dino-gas... and its pricey. It costs them more to truck-in small amounts of "un-cut" gasoline to their locations, so you pay more at the pump. If the Federal Government took away the Corn Subsidies here in the US, gasoline would be dirt cheap again, because Ethanol would become extremely unprofitable. Furthet, nearly half or more of the price per gallon is caused by Fed & State gasoline taxes. Add in the Stock Market "Futures" (speculators) & prices are simply disgusting at $3.50-$4+ a gallon. My monthly gas bill is $450-$500 a month between my Wife's '07 Trailblazer (I6) and my '92 Silverado (350 TBI). If I could afford a new Volt, I would buy one, but the money saved on less fuel usage is lost to new car payments, higher excise tax, and higher insurance premiums... hence my desire to buy another G-Body as my nice weather DD.

Sigh... yep, I could rant on, but Yes, I agree with the sentiment of a government of fools... sadly, we elected them. (Regardless of who you voted for or what "Party" you are in.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor