Shock opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
I've got an 84 cutlass. Stock v8 springs, stock ride height. Hotchkis upper, lower rear control arms & mount braces, front and rear hotchkis sway bars and stock front suspension. Looking to upgrade my shocks. I've been looking around and found kyb(excel-g & gas-a-just), bilstein b6 hd, monroe(sensa-trac & monro-matic). Has anyone used any of these or have any other options? Any input is greatly appreciated. Its a daily driver/cruiser so i'm not looking for the most performance

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Bilstein's are good shocks,KYB would be my next choice of the ones you listed.
If you want to spend a bit more and have some adjustability,the double adjustable Viking's like I put on this year are a good choice;
http://www.p-s-t.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9693/.f?sc=12
Personally,I wouldnt use Monroe shocks on my Monte...
Guy

JimmyP70

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2013
I went w/ the KYB gas-adjust shocks. They are a bit "soft" to me. I am running SPC coil springs (From Savitske Performance, http://scandc.com/new/node/106 ), 535lb front, 135lb rear, and stock F41 front and rear sway bars. 87 Cutlass, v6. Looking for a stiffer shock.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I use the short Bilstein AK series shocks. I have 660 lbs up front and 175 lbs springs in the rear. These are the best linear shocks I have used, I have tried Afco shocks before the Bilsteins and they did not last

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor