New Member 1978 Olds Cutlass Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilson2424

n00b
Sep 2, 2014
Hey everyone. New to the board, but a long time G body owner. So I have a 1978 Cutlass Cruiser (wagon). It was a 350 from a '72 Cutlass in it. I am looking to put in a new ac/heater system and new wiring, probably a harness from Painless. I am looking at a Hurricane system from Old Air Products. Anyone have any experience with this system or advice?

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Welcome to the site.

Doug

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!

Post some pics of your Cutlass Cruiser.
Was your car a non-A/C vehicle?. I don't have any info or experience with the Hurricane system from Old Air Products, but I would be interested to see what they offer.

wilson2424

n00b
Sep 2, 2014
The car and engine are both AC. But, the blower motor barely runs, the ducts need to be replaced, the AC no longer blows cold....Just easier to start over I think.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
wilson2424 said:
The car and engine are both AC. But, the blower motor barely runs, the ducts need to be replaced, the AC no longer blows cold....Just easier to start over I think.
Just estimate what's going be more cost effective. I'm sure the new system will probably be upwards of $1000. when all said and done.
A blower motor shouldn't be much. Why do the ducts need to be replaced?...unless there was some creative butchery that was done by the previous owner. A new compressor would be one of the priciest components of the system, besides the condenser and hoses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor