Dual fan controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Just wondering how everyone has their dual fans wired up and how they are controlled? I am trying to find a good quality controller that will be able to run at high and low speeds and be programmable

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
To have those options and be programmable expect to spend some money. Be Cool, Derale, Spal, Painless and a few others have high end controllers.

I have a Spal PWM controller, but they have discontinued it, but it is a great dual fan, fully programmable with variable fan speeds and AC on input.

Attachments

• IMG_20140627_110912.jpg
    IMG_20140627_110912.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 673

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
damn, I was looking at that one. They installed it in an article I read... I just talked to SPAL today and found out they don't make them anymore. I wanted to stay with them because fans are SPAL.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
Yep, I love it. Look around. I found mine as a Discontinued bin item collecting dust at a parts dealer. Check Ebay, Craigslist, etc. Might get lucky.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
My fans are controlled through my efi

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
jociha said:
I have a totally programmable Dakota Digital unit and love it.
I am curious about the dakota setup, I looked at it. Is it just programmable for each fan on/off temp or can it control fan speed as well?

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
It controls 2 fans but not fan speed, most 2-speed fans are low/high so if you have one fan you would use both stages and treat it as 2 fans. I have 2 Spal fans so I control 1 fan at the start and stop temp I chose and control the second fan at a higher start and stop setting I chose. It also turns on both fans when the A/C is turned on. The only variable fan controller I know of is I think flex a lite and it has a minimum run setting anyway so it is the same as low speed.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
mebe007 said:
My fans are controlled through my efi

Same here. Although converting over to EFI just for the fan controlling capabilities isn't necessarily cost effective. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor