Help on Door panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
Ok, I could use some advise, process, steps. I tried putting in the carpet on the lower panel. I sprayed both panel and carpet and used a plastic edge to smooth out and get into the edges nice and tight. That worked ok. My issue came when I used a razor blade to trim the excess. When it was done It seemed to shrink away from edge and I had gaps. My question is did I maybe trim too soon so glue not set up 100% or is my process flawed?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I also need to do my 4 lower door panels. My plan is to just cut them to shape and glue 'em in. I did not even consider shrinkage.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I cut mine to the exact shape prior to installation and used a 3M adhesive and had no fitment issues as far as shrinking or any gaps, I did mine probably 12 years ago and it is still holding well.

Attachments

• IMG_0897.JPG
    IMG_0897.JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 392
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor