Baggen a 81 Olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yav8

Master Mechanic
Aug 19, 2014
Manitowoc wis.
I have a set of bags ordered from Summit to install in the Olds. What is the air pressure that work best to keep from squatting on the hit. I guess I need a place to start with air pressure.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I think you're talking different types of "bags". If you're drag racing, the bag usually goes inside the coil spring (more pressure on the right side), therefore, it should never bottom out. Now, if you're replacing the rear coils with an air spring-type bag, I can't venture (or want) to say that is ideal for drag racing with the factory triangulated rear. I think coil-overs would be more adjustable and better suited to drag racing.

81oldsdragcar

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 1, 2013
Depends on how tall of a tire you are running. When I was running 29.5" slicks I ran 14 in the right and 8 in the left. When I went to 28.5" slicks I ran 11 to 12 in the right and about 5 in the left. I am running a trans brake so it leaves pretty hard. Hope this helps

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
81oldsdragcar said:
Depends on how tall of a tire you are running. When I was running 29.5" slicks I ran 14 in the right and 8 in the left. When I went to 28.5" slicks I ran 11 to 12 in the right and about 5 in the left. I am running a trans brake so it leaves pretty hard. Hope this helps
Hey sorry to but in but mr. 81oldsdragcar have you checked your pm's lately?

Yav8

Master Mechanic
Aug 19, 2014
Manitowoc wis.
Got the bags today and in they went tonight. Car had the original springs so it need some help with the sag in the back. Went with 5 in the left rear and 18 in the right rear. Car sits like it should and should work out with the launch. Guys are going for some TNT this Saturday I think. Got one guy getting a motor and one getting a set of my worked vortec heads. I will check the slips to see how they worked out. Thanks Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor