WTB pontiac alternator brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I guess I should've posted in classifieds but I thought I'd do better in the pontiac section. I need alternator brackets if anyone has a set that they aren't too proud of. Condition doesn't matter as long as they aren't bent...rust is fine. Send a pm. Thx.

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
Sorry picture was too big for a PM. I have had this bracket kicking around my garage forever. This bracket came with my olds 455 it does not fit an olds engine. I believe it to be a Pontiac engine alt bracket. If it is you can have it. Just pay for the ride. Maybe some Pontiac guys can help out

Attachments

• 20141020_114327.jpg
    20141020_114327.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 478

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
Yup that is a Pontiac alternator bracket for sure. I have an extra one also.

82GPLJ455

Greasemonkey
Jul 26, 2014
ma.
Yes thats a pontiac bracket but youll be missing the aluminum bracket that bolts to the head.

Make sure you get the right brackets and pullies for your year timing cover.pontiac used a couple different setups and timing covers over the years and you cant mix and match pieces.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
dr78442 said:
Sorry picture was too big for a PM. I have had this bracket kicking around my garage forever. This bracket came with my olds 455 it does not fit an olds engine. I believe it to be a Pontiac engine alt bracket. If it is you can have it. Just pay for the ride. Maybe some Pontiac guys can help out

That's the one I need. I have everything else. I'll send you a pm. Thx!

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
82GPLJ455 said:
Yes thats a pontiac bracket but youll be missing the aluminum bracket that bolts to the head.

Make sure you get the right brackets and pullies for your year timing cover.pontiac used a couple different setups and timing covers over the years and you cant mix and match pieces.

Everything I have is from '73 to '76 so I'm all good there. Also bought a new aftermarket cover and I do have that bracket for the cyl head already.

Between moving and other people in and out of the garage I was using, half of the stuff was misplaced. Luckily all my power steering parts weren't lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor