1984 Caprice From The Pacific Northwest

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsAndyDude

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 20, 2014
Olympia Washington
New project. I will post better pictures later. I just got my hands on a 1984 Caprice Landau. Looking to go black and keep the chrome molding. It has a 350 in it and a 400 transmission. Looking to network with other Caprice owners. Might need a few parts if you have extras or are parting out some projects. Location is Olympia Washington state. Let me know what you think of my car. Cheers!

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Gorgeous Chevrolet. Would definitely love to see what happens to this car. Wish more people went in the 'bbodyforums' section but they don't seem to realize it is even there..?

pmc03spike

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 12, 2014
Washington state
Welcome Andy, from your fellow Gbody forum user down in Centralia. Good luck with your ride hope to see you around next year. Maybe at Hub City or something like that.

ItsAndyDude

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 20, 2014
Olympia Washington
Yes For sure. I am new to the area. Just got stationed out here with the Airforce. I am wanting to get into some meets and things once I get the car up to par. I did see that wagon at the Lemon lot for sale. I am Just drawn to the Coupe look

ItsAndyDude

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 20, 2014
Olympia Washington
I know this is a B body. But I can access this site from work so I just decided to use this. Sorry If thats not acceptable. I will post some interior pictures soon. I need some Exterior parts as well. Does anyone know a good site that sells parts for this beauty. I have been having a hard time finding anything. A List of things I need.
1. A Classic Radio and Bezel
2. Hood ornament
3. Landau emblems
4. The right direction to head for paint. ( im thinking black)
5. A replacement grill

p.s I have saw some emblems and grills on ebay. I might end up buying one soon,

Attachments

• 20141021_113244.jpg
    20141021_113244.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 424
  • 20141021_113310.jpg
    20141021_113310.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 415
  • 20141021_113329.jpg
    20141021_113329.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 417

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
i just babysatg all day so hell naw but tomorrow I'll post pics of what I believe are the badges you're requesting. By a complete coincidence I came into the them recently. I also have the emblem that is supposed to be above the grille, although I think maybe that is for a 4door. Will post tomorrow. Just gave away a set of perfectly good hubcaps that went to your car too - couldn't even get them to go off for $20 on the bay.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
ItsAndyDude said:
New project. I will post better pictures later. I just got my hands on a 1984 Caprice Landau. Looking to go black and keep the chrome molding. It has a 350 in it and a 400 transmission. Looking to network with other Caprice owners. Might need a few parts if you have extras or are parting out some projects. Location is Olympia Washington state. Let me know what you think of my car. Cheers!

Dude that's totally old man mint. I would rock it just as it is. Its got good looking paint, pinstripe, moldings and everything. Once you change that you cant get it back. I would tint the windows, put exhaust and it and some rally's. Just sayin.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
ek3z39.jpg
It's going down. The top badge just needs a little black paint touch up. I think the gear selector is from a 79 Caprice but don't quote me on this. Old guys love to remind me when I'm wrong on here immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor