'00 Dodge neon horn problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. 81

Apprentice
Mar 25, 2013
Downey, CA
A while ago my girlfriend's 2000 dodge neon started blaring it's horn in the middle of the night, waking up the entire block, so we went out and tapped the horn button and it stopped. Two hours later, it happened again, and we tapped the horn again to stop it, but this time i pulled the relay to make sure it didn't happen again. Does anybody know if the horn button is integrated into the airbag on this vehicle? Also, I don't know if i want to risk setting off the airbag by trying to do the job myself or if i should just wire in a new horn all together.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
i read online somewhere that the horn relay can sometimes get stuck, also if there was pop or coffe spilled on the steering wheel the gunk might need to be cleaned off. to do that you NEED to disconnect the battery so you dont kerplode the airbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor